• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

help!!! 289c high flow stopped working

chopperchip

having issue with my cat 289c high flow. when i roll the thumb wheel foward, the higflow light flashes, shuts off, warning indicator shows up, code 1936-6 shows up. did the test that cat service sent me, still having issues, need to finish up job im currently working on.... need help asap.... thank you. pulling my hair out.

DIYDAVE

Find the solenoid that controls the high flow, its the likely culprit, :IMO:IMO

mars2222

i am having the same issue with a 297c high flow where is the solenoid that controls the high flow located thanks in advance

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
the exact same as the 289c was having serial #cat0297cpgcp01384
I'm assuiming that you also have the 1936-6 Diagnostic Code as the OP.?
That Code indicates that the circuit for the HF solenoid has a short to ground.

Attached the troubleshooting procedure for the High Flow solenoid valve & its circuit. Be aware that your problem could just as easily be in the wiring as in the solenoid itself so don't go replacing the solenoid straight off expecting it to fix th eproblem. The procedure will point you to the source of the fault.

I'll send you an electrical schematic. Keep an eye on your messages.

The location of the Load Sense Relief (LRS) Valve (#14) on the main control valve for the High Flow is shown in the illustration below.

1714404269744.png

Attachments

• MID039 CID1936 FMI06.pdf
    103.2 KB · Views: 4

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
thanks for the info
You're welcome. While I think about it, one important piece of information.

There are 9 solenoid valves shown on the photo I posted above. #4 thru #11, and #14. The difference between the solenoid valves #4 thru #11 and the LSR #14 is that the other eight valves the solenoid coil can be purchased separately. In the case of a failed coil it is possible to correct the problem by simply replacing it. #14 is different because the coil is not sold separately.

So if you go through the troubleshooting procedure and it points to the coil - do it again just to be sure before going out to buy an expensive solenoid valve.