• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hello from Tx

Gottafew

Hello everyone. I have always loved machines but life carried me into the paint and body world for the past 12 years. I sold my shop and am done with it and dont care to paint another car for anyone. I would really like a job operating erquipment. I figured no better way to start then than on a backhoe, so i bought one. Bad thing is i haven been able to use it yet because the steering broke. I am currently looking for a steering column and gear box without side arm. If anyone has one please lmk. It is a 69 ford 4500.

I would like to know what you did to get started? How low is newbie wages? Im not a complete dummy around machines. I have operated farm tractors and equipment for 20+ years. (i am 32)

Thx

koldsteele

Occupation
Owner Heavy Equipment Mechanic
On your steering box you might try Alexanders in Winnsboro Tx. 800-231-6876 ...It might be better for you to repair yours ...some of the obsolete stuff can get pricey ...Hope this helps .

Boyee

I grew up around farms too, always loved to play in the dirt, did my share of paint and body work, custom homes, custom metal work, this and that, then one night almost got in a fight with a guy at a bar, turns out he was a foreman fir excavation compant, ended up goin to work for him, got lucky, got on a blade within couple months... That was 8 or 9 years ago...still playin in the dirt!

Gottafew

I found one on c/l for 200. Alexanders wanted 400 shipped. Wouldnt budge on price. One of those take it or leave it man kinda deals! Funny thing is i helped one of the guys that works (i think same guy who was an ass) there mom change a tire on the side of hwy30 when i was headed to little rock to buy hay. Funny how that works...

Gottafew

I grew up around farms too, always loved to play in the dirt, did my share of paint and body work, custom homes, custom metal work, this and that, then one night almost got in a fight with a guy at a bar, turns out he was a foreman fir excavation compant, ended up goin to work for him, got lucky, got on a blade within couple months... That was 8 or 9 years ago...still playin in the dirt!

i see you in central tx. where about and is your company hiring?