• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hello from Tennessee!

RandyS

Been signed up for awhile here, just haven't gotten around to posting anything! :)

My name is Randy and I own a small Construction Equipment Repair company here in Knoxville. We do a lot of DC electrical work, aerial equipment, mining equipment repair, and a good mix of basic excavators, skid steers, reach forklifts, etc.

I've been in the Equipment Rental business for most of my life (just hit 43), so I'm to the point where I know just enough to be dangerous!

td25c

Welcome from southern IN RandyS.I used to repair equipment full time.Now I own & operate a small construction business.I still make service calls if someone needs help with a piece of equipment.I still enjoy turning wrenches.I have a good buddy on the forum that is from Knoxville.Look forward to posting with you.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Hey Randy, the last time I saw you was when you were still at Neff Rental. Yeah, that's been a few years. I checked out your website, looks like you have a nice field service operation going. I don't get out in the field to do service much anymore, not set up for it, do all repairs in shop for our equipment as well as for customers. I do, however, have people call me with a dead machine and want to know if I can come out and get them going. I have to tell them we're not set up to do field repairs and refer them to other shops. I'll be glad to send them your way, do I tell them to contact you or somebody else? I see 25c responded to your thread, he's a class act. If he doesn't have what he needs to do a job, he'll make what he needs to get it done. Great to see you here. :)

RandyS

Paul,
OF COURSE you may refer them to me! :) I'll get by and see you the first of the week...I'm off to Ohio tomorrow to pick up a Service Truck that I bought Friday (it didn't make it far from where I got it, that's another story) so if all that goes well I'll see you Monday

Oh yeah, making tools is fast becoming a lost art. I'll say something about buying a special engine tool or something and my 77 year old Dad will smack me in the back of the head and say, "You got a picture of it anywhere?" and like magic we have one in a few hours.

Last edited:

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Paul,
OF COURSE you may refer them to me! :) I'll get by and see you the first of the week...I'm off to Ohio tomorrow to pick up a Service Truck that I bought Friday (it didn't make it far from where I got it, that's another story) so if all that goes well I'll see you Monday

Oh yeah, making tools is fast becoming a lost art. I'll say something about buying a special engine tool or something and my 77 year old Dad will smack me in the back of the head and say, "You got a picture of it anywhere?" and like magic we have one in a few hours.

LOL, enjoy it while you can! Enjoy still having your 77 yr old dad to smack you in the back of the head! :)

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Hey Randy, I may have a potential customer for you. I have a neighbor that works for a good size contractor here and he's been asking me if I can come out in the field to repair their equipment, I've had to tell him I'm not set up for it. I talked to him this morning and told him about you guys, he said they would be interested. I'm going to pass on your website link to him. ;)