• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hello from Mass

John H

Occupation
Arborist, Equipment operator
I have been looking around for a while and decided to join. I work for a good size tree company with all the toys buckets,chippers,skidsteeres,skidders and Excavators.Looks like a lot of good people here.
John

Wolf

Welcome

Welcome to the forum, John. Tell us about tree cutting. You rock, dude.

John H

Occupation
High Wolf Tree cutting is good but I like running equipment a lot better.:thumbsup

Wolf

Equipment for Trees

So tell us about the equipment you run for taking out the trees. What kind of trees are you working with up there in Mass and how big are they. How do they stand up to your hoes and skid steers?

John H

Occupation
We run bucket trucks and chippers and a lot of us climb.we also have 4 cranes a 15 ton Manitex, 2 30 ton 1 36 Nantional. The land clearing side is where I work most of the time. We run 3 foresty mowers a hydro ax 2 cat excavators a JD 548 skidder. Tree sizes is between 2"-70".

cat320

Charter Member
John my neighbors cousin ownes or owned patalano ford not sure if he sold it I know they changed names .

Wolf

What is a forestry mower? Must be powerful.

What kind of excavator would you use to tackle a 70" tree? Are you allowed to take those out without too much problem from the tree huggers and leaf lickers?

John H

Occupation
The mowers can eat 6" trees and under. As for 70" trees we use chain saws for that.

John H

Occupation
The tree huggers are only a big problam the closer you get to Boston.

Wolf

This is what went on in California today--tree huggers

01-22) 13:48 PST BERKELEY -- Three grande dames of Berkeley politics, with a combined age of 248, climbed a ladder and sat in a coast live oak next to Memorial Stadium today, joining six other tree-sitters trying to save the grove from a proposed UC development.

"I'm scared to death because I'm afraid of heights," said Shirley Dean, 71, former mayor of Berkeley, as she hoisted herself onto a wooden platform about 15 feet off the ground. "But I'm proud to be here. We're going to save these trees."

Berkeley City Councilwoman Betty Olds, 86, was the first to climb the tree.

"We're not going to give up," she told the crowd of about 50. "This little grove of trees is an oasis. If we can't save this, we might as well throw in the towel."

Sylvia McLaughlin, 91, founder of Save the Bay, also climbed the tree.

The women, dressed in blue jeans, fanny packs and sweaters, stayed in the tree for about half an hour, then gingerly stepped down the ladder, to a round of applause from the crowd.

"That was an experience," said Dean after she touched the ground. "I cannot imagine how these folks have done it, stayed up there in rain and cold and wind. It's not easy."

An Alameda County Superior Court judge will hold a hearing Tuesday on the fate of the proposed development, which includes an athletic training center in the oak grove. The City of Berkeley, California Oak Foundation and Panoramic Hill neighborhood association have filed suit to stop the project. Denizens of Tightwad Hill on the east side of the stadium have also filed suit.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to HEF, John. :thumbsup

How bout some pics of some of your equipment. :yup

Wolf

or just run right over them with the dozer while your pushing over the trees. LOL.