• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hello from Ak.

Lashlander

Hello, new to the forum, I've posted a few times so thought I'd introduce myself. I'm an operator superintendent for a marine contractor. We build docks, bridges, retaining walls, install harbors, and basically everything to do with marine. We also do a lot of crane rental jobs, if you got em you might as well use em. We also have a commercial dock that several freight companies use. We have two barges so we travel a lot for jobs. One thing about this business is if you don't like what your doing wait a few days because thats as long as we do the same thing. Our current job is for the FAA working on a runway here in town. If you like pics I'll see if I can post some.
Thanks Nelson

Jeff D.

Welcome Lashlander!:thumbsup

Also, pics are always cool. Any pics of them big Kodiak Grizzleys??:bouncegri

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Yes, Welcome to HEF. :)

Some runway pics would be good.:yup

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I'll second the motion for runway pictures. :thumbsup

And I'll also volunteer Countryboy to be the flagman at the approach end. Truck has to cross the runway? Just turn that sign around and stop that Lear that's on a 1/2 mile final... :yup

Countryboy

Occupation
And I'll also volunteer Countryboy to be the flagman at the approach end. Truck has to cross the runway? Just turn that sign around and stop that Lear that's on a 1/2 mile final... :yup

Why I always gotta be the flagman.....:mad:

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer
Why I always gotta be the flagman.....:mad:

Yeah, I'm not so sure this is a great idea, either. He sleeps during the day and works at night, so if you had him flagging during the day, he wouldn't be much use... speedbump, maybe?

:D

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Well, now that we know there's water on the runway it gets even more complicated. He might fall out of the flagboat and drown. Or worse yet, he'll think it's a "flag ship" and insist that we call him Admiral Countryboy. :salute

Countryboy

Occupation
Yeah, I'm not so sure this is a great idea, either. He sleeps during the day and works at night, so if you had him flagging during the day, he wouldn't be much use... speedbump, maybe?:D

:laugh Alright Tiger, I'll let ya have that one.....

Well, now that we know there's water on the runway it gets even more complicated. He might fall out of the flagboat and drown. Or worse yet, he'll think it's a "flag ship" and insist that we call him Admiral Countryboy. :salute

Naw Admiral sounds too military-ish.....You can just call me "Administrator"...or "Boss" will do too. :yup

Hope we didn't scare him away... :(

Nope, just lying in wait for you to log off so I can talk aboutcha without discussion.:wink2