• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hello friends, I hope to make friends and be able to contribute to community

terraplenagem

Occupation
Earthworks and earthmoving equipment rentals.
Hello friends!

My name is Leandro dos Santos, I am Brazilian and I was born in 1982 (I'm 29 years old). I live in São Paulo, the largest city in my country, but my house is away from the city center, so with a bit of tranquility in this departure from the bustle of a city that does not seem to sleep.

My father came from City of Cantanhede, Portugal, in 1962 with my grandparents and settled in São Paulo, in a neighborhood called Umarizal, earning a living through agriculture and livestock on a farm very small, almost entirely for their livelihood. At 19 years old, my father began working with earthmoving and truck drivers (still powered by gasoline) and machine operator.

In January 1980 my uncle and father started his excavating company called "Umarizal Terraplenagem S/C Ltda" (Umarizal was the name of the neighborhood and Terraplenagem is the translation in Portuguese of earthworks). The company started with a 4x2 truck and a track loader Caterpillar 933. I Leandro, joined the company in 2001 when my uncle retired.

Over time, the company name was changed to Umarizal Locação e Terraplenagem (In English, Umarizal Rental and Earthworks) and the company became a solid and over time new equipment was purchased to meet the needs of our customers, but we chose not to have employees and we are always present and in direct contact with customers. We operate the machines and drive the trucks, carry out the maintenance, management, dissemination, all in the family, my father, my mother, my wife and me together forever!

Today, we have two trucks and three machines:
01 Dump Truck Dodge D950 6x4;
01 Dump Truck Mercedes-Benz L2220 6x4;
01 Track Loader Caterpillar 941;
01 Backhoe Loader Case 580H;
01 Skidsteer Case 95XT.

In parallel, develop and maintain some sites related to my field of activity. They are:
  • Terraplenagem.Net - O maior portal em língua portuguesa sobre terraplenagem e máquinas pesadas;
  • Guia da Obra - O maior fórum em língua portuguesa sobre construção civil, engenharia, arquitetura e urbanismo;
  • Construção Civil Business - Catálogo de profissionais e empresas da construção civil.
I am not a connoisseur of machines, especially the younger, but I love and am always reading about them and about earthworks and general construction.

I came to this forum to learn and where possible help by contributing what you can.

From now on, thank you all for openness (I've had in some threads) and congratulations for the beautiful work.

Hug!

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Welcome to the forum terraplenagem. :usa

And may I say your English is impeccable. ;)

terraplenagem

Occupation
Welcome to the forum terraplenagem. :usa

And may I say your English is impeccable. ;)

I had no opportunity to learn other languages. For financial reasons, I studied in public school, which in Brazil is of poor quality due to the great corruption of governments that divert funds from public education, health and security, unfortunately. We had English lessons, but there is no comparison to private schools. What I learned, was using the internet. What I do not know, use translators like Google Translator.

I appreciate your words and apologize for any errors that occur with certainty.

Welcome to the forum terraplenagem!

Thank you, very much!

terraplenagem

Occupation
Glad to have you here.
What year is that D950 truck?

Thank you very much!

My Dodge D950 is 1984, the last cab of Dodge manufactured in Brazil. In 1983 Volkswagen bought the Dodge trucks and in 1985 began to manufacture trucks with their own cabin, though, even with the same mechanics used in my Dodge, until mid-1990. My Dodge uses diesel engine MWM TD229-6 (turbo), gearbox Eaton 5 speed with transfer case that allows traction 6x2, 6x4 fast and 6x4 slow (reduced). It is an exceptional and dominated the truck market for earthmoving and mining until the popularity of gearbox ZF 8, 12 or 16 speed and Cummins engines up to 250 HP.
http://www.umarizal.com/midia/remocao-de-terra.jpg
* In the photo, the truck is being loaded by a track type loader Traxcavator Caterpillar 941, also owned by us.

This truck was also made with V8 engine moved to ethanol (model Dodge E-21 6x4) for transportation of cane sugar plantations, mills cane sugar and alcohol / ethanol. The specifications of weight and load capacity or drag were the same as the D950 Diesel, however, the motor possessed approximately 200 HP versus 160 HP diesel-powered version.

mitch504

Nice! Dodge quit with heavy trucks here in the early 70s or maybe the late 60s.

I like to see the different stuff used in other places, Thanks.