• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hein werner, bang, blew oil every where

maddog

Thebaz; I believe the 24V cummins has a higher rpm rate??

Dominion 410; do you have any info on exactly what isuzu they used? I know the detroit had to be rev'd full throttle before it would operate fully.

thebaz

Is the 24V Cummins a construction type application or truck and bus?
I am not sure if the torque curve is different and may not suit excavator work.

Mapleleaftrucks

that is probably me that dominion 410 is talking about, Had a Hein werner with a 4-53 in it, repowered it with a Isuzu out of an 88 gmc forwarder it was a 6BG1 engine, it was a 6 cyl diesel rated at 154 hp also put on new hydraulic pumps at the time they where commirical shear same as what was origonally on the hein werner, i used to run the engine between 1800 and 2200 rpm and never had any trouble with it, started go, real quiet and good on fuel.

maddog

Thanks Mapleleaftrucks, If I'm not mistaken the detroit 6v53 is rated at 210 hp and it had to be rev'd up to run correct. I'm not sure if it needed all that power but it did like the rpm's.

BSAA65LB

Occupation
Retired!
maddog sez:

"I know the detroit had to be rev'd full throttle before it would operate fully. "

Your pumps may be tired too. At less than full throttle, the machine should operate, just better chance of stalling the engine. If it hhas to be full RPM, the pumps are probably not far behind the engine.

Check fleaBay, seems to be a fair number of complete 6V53 engines listed there....that was a pretty common engine, so a runner shouldn't be that hard to find. But there were LOTS of variations with build state of a 6V53. Making sure the governor and injectors match your old engine will be a bit more difficult. May want to use your old engine as an organ donor.

Mapleleaftrucks

Yes BSAA65LB is right about the pumps mine where finished and had to run the detroit full throttle to work properly, when i put the new pumps on the Isuzu i had to reset all the releive valves, Also the Isuzu did not lose rev's when it was pulling like the detroit did.

maddog

I was wondering the same thing about the pumps being worn. Is there a place to look for pumps? I have three that are hooked to the engine, one long at the top and two shorter ones at the bottom. I belive the two are denison??

Last edited: