• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Heavy vibration While moving 2003 Volvo ec35...Rollers/Track issues?

murphy777

Occupation
mason/landscaper
I get a severe vibration when I track my Volvo ec35 around the job site...I guessing its either the bottom rollers or the tracks. the tracks appear to be in good shape on the outside, and the roller lugs look to be sound as well... I have replaced tracks on my other bobcat mini, and when I did that, it rode like a caddillac...Im curious about what to look for or how to check for wear on the bottom rollers and track....so that I know which area I should dig into and possible replace first...Its my first go around with a volvo machine, and I like it , but I am still getting acquainted with it....any info from anyone who has experience with these would be great....Also any stories of general tom-foolery and buffoonery are welcomed also!
thanks

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Attached may help.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• EC35 BotRoller.pdf
    74.1 KB · Views: 9

skyking1

you can check out the bottom rollers with some blocks set between them. Lift up the machine on one side and place hardwood blocks in a couple of places between the track and track frame, making sure they are not resting against the roller on either side. Set the machine back down on those blocks so it is now secure. DO NOT WORK under the machine while lifted.
Now you can see if that side rollers turn freely or have excessive play.
repeat for other side.
Let some grease out of the adjusters as needed.
Use some blocking and a burke bar to get the track weight off the carrier roller on top and check that out.
See if someone else can track it for you while you observe. I have found things that way.
If you find nothing that way, I'd guess a final drive has issues. Usually they get bad enough and leak and you can see that.

murphy777

Occupation
mason/landscaper
thanks for the extra info...The machine is off the job, and I am going to get it in the shop this weekend and take a closer look...
Skyking...would a bad/weak final drive create that kind of vibration while tracking around the site...it's like I'm going over a washboard..hahah. I hope its more of a track or roller problem. I have not seen any leaks around my drives, but I am going to check my oil levels in there, and make sure they are good.
Again, thanks for the heads up, and I'll keep everyone posted on progress/regress....hahah

Vetech63

The type of pattern on your tracks will make a big difference also. A heavy block pattern on a heavy-duty rubber track will ride like a tank. Pic of tracks possibly?

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Attached may be of interest.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• FAR Vibration when travelling.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 15