• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Heavy Metal

robin yates uk

excellent song from Johnny Cash. My first post on this forum was asking for more heavy plant music.Songs about Terex 24,,,,,,,,There was lots of it in the 80's but I lost them all after a comp crash. This is the only heavy plant song mentioned on this forum I think

ValleyFirewood

"to other" should be tonight, my phone has a mind of it's own when I'm typing things!

Interesting how I found the song.

I couldn't sleep (4AM when I posted that) so I was reading on here. I was reading the post on pipelaying dozers and one fellow had posted a video on a Fat Alice (Fiat Allis) moving a CAT around.

I did some searching and found that the Fat Alice was an HD41. I was curious on how big this machine actually was so I did some reading up.

Learned that it was the biggest dozer made at the time. CAT responded by building the D10 and later the D11...

So that lead to me googling up on D10s and 11s. In one of the pages I was reading the author mentioned the CATs were much more popular and Johnny Cash had even made a song.

So then I googled the song and found it on You Tube.

caterpillarmech

Occupation
Field Service Supervisor
Nice to know I am not the only one. Random youtube leads to some wild stuff. Then you look up and it is two in the morning. Got to get up at four to go again!

Fastdirt

That's a great find Valleywood. I can't believe I've never heard it before. I love Johnny Cash. He is the real deal. At 4 a.m. on Youtube I'm usually in a bad place..LOl