• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Heavy leaking 790 John Deere

Twocansam

How goes it I have a 790 John Deere filling the turn table with hydro . I have pulled the swing motor and had seals replaced already. I have checked filters and looked for blockages. I’m thinking the motor needs deeper work due to when re installed it leaked the same . The machine operates for about 15 minutes pukes all hydro fluid out of the turn table . 15 gallons 15 minutes . Any help would be appreciated thank you new member

Vetech63

I have pulled the swing motor and had seals replaced already.
I’m thinking the motor needs deeper work due to when re installed it leaked the same
Who did this work? How was a reseal job determined? Visually? A gallon a minute is a significant leak...........have you looked externally around the area there for maybe a hydraulic hose leak?

361brock

Occupation
retired
When my 792 did that it was the rotary manifold. That thing will have you swearing to remove with the steel lines connecting it. It came out the top with help of come a long. Hope that baby isn't heavily grooved, will need to weld and machined as they aren't being made anymore. Maybe salvage yard. Hope for it to be good enough just to reseal. You can pull up on air relief valve on top of hydraulic tank when you shut machine off to stop the oil from being forced onto turn table. good luck

Nick