• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

hearing protection with tunes and safety glasses

Arabhacks

Banned
Occupation
Underemplyed Operator
Disco!

Hello.

If I have a full cab the A/C will be on full tilt and I will listen to Disco! .
Why?
Disco is for the most part nothing but rhythm, nothing but a beat, nothing to really think about.
But, it helps keep me alert.
I will pull my boots off and wear soft shoes in a cab and even take off my shirt, comfort is the key.
However I will also clean all the glass and do a complete inspection.
This is the CDL driver in me.
Safety is my number one task.
So my "Pre-Trip" inspection is not just looking at the equipment, but also at me.
I ask myself, am I ready for the job ahead of me?
Does everyone around me understand about blind spots and eye contact?
Is there anything I need to know about?
I have had workers ask to use my cellphone and have them sit in the truck, last thing I want is a concerned parent worried about everything but what is going on around them.
That 5 or 10 minutes does wonders for morale as well as safety.
Bottom line is that I want to be part of a crew, not just an operator, and the last thing I want is to see anyone get hurt.
So I try to get the "Big Picture".

Last edited:

OCR

Occupation
Rancher/Farmer, Wildland Fire Fighter, State snowp
Hello.

If I have a full cab the A/C will be on full tilt and I will listen to Disco
Why?
Disco is for the most part nothing but rhythm, nothing but a beat, nothing to really think about.
But, it helps keep me alert.
I will pull my boots off and wear soft shoes in a cab and even take off my shirt, comfort is the key.
However I will also clean all the glass and do a complete inspection.
This is the CDL driver in me.
Safety is my number one task.
So my "Pre-Trip" inspection is not just looking at the equipment, but also at me.
I ask myself, am I ready for the job ahead of me?
Does everyone around me understand about blind spots and eye contact?
Is there anything I need to know about?
I have had workers ask to use my cellphone and have them sit in the truck, last thing I want is a concerned parent worried about everything but what is going on around them.
That 5 or 10 minutes does wonders for morale as well as safety.
Bottom line is that I want to be part of a crew, not just an operator, and the last thing I want is to see anyone get hurt.
So I try to get the "Big Picture".

Last edited by Arabhacks; Today at 12:33 PM. Reason: error in bold, still not right, hell with it!

That's odd.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Last edited by Arabhacks; Today at 12:33 PM. Reason: error in bold, still not right, hell with it!

When I go into the "edit" feature, it has the bold tags in the correct place. So yes, it is odd. :beatsme

(Indeed, it probably has something to do with listening to Disco.) :cool2

OCR

Occupation
Rancher/Farmer, Wildland Fire Fighter, State snowp
When I go into the "edit" feature, it has the bold tags in the correct place. So yes, it is odd. :beatsme

(Indeed, it probably has something to do with listening to Disco.) :cool2

I believe that disco, might have a profound influence on the bold tags.

OCR... :)

Arabhacks

Banned
Occupation
Underemplyed Operator
Disco!

I know I didn't think anyone voluntarily listened to "disco" very odd indeed.

Hello.

Yes! Disco!
Much better than hearing about some guy who was living in a mobile home with his 5th wife and 2nd divorce after he lost the first house to the second wife and the bank got the truck.
Of course he works at some 7/11 somewhere, cuz he can no longer operate, not after he backed a dozer over the boss's car drinking cheap beer running from the law.
But he is angry that his other wife is crying down his back and rusting his spurs.:drinkup
Now, if that is not the lyrics from some country-western songs I am not sure what is, but how would I know. :beatsme
Remember, Disco fever forever! :eek: :D
Actually I would much prefer classical but the average noise level is too high, that and the fact that it is just background. :cool2

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Disco was a time when I suffered a personality lapse grew, side burns, and tried to move like John Travolta in "Saturday night fever " We used terms from American cop shows like dude and honky and folks if you ever heard an Irish accent trying to sound like a dude from harlem, well enough said. I was cured by Chester and Lester and have remained rether faithful since only digressing temporarily .

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
and folks if you ever heard an Irish accent trying to sound like a dude from harlem, well enough said. .

Stock, the Irish have been butchering the English language for well over 400 years anyway so no need to feel guilty:rolleyes::D:D

And fear not, I can still understand an Oirishman with a tank full of Ale...but I'll be buggered if I cannee unerstan them kilt wearing haggis eating whisky refinin Highlanders when their blood is up:beatsme

Now, enough shannanigans

Has anybody tried those Peltor muffs with the Bluetooth built in??