• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hayes trucks in the logging industry

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
When HDX was introduced they had Hayes Clipper doors see attached picture but only 6-8 HDX had that kind of doors before. I know HDX knows the details. Clipper doors were used on the first Hayes COE model as well. Picture #3. Pic #2 is Cameron’s Hayes Clipper. Very nice and awsome truck.

Attachments

• IMG_1161.jpeg
    IMG_1161.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0443.jpeg
    IMG_0443.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0503.jpeg
    IMG_0503.jpeg
    901.3 KB · Views: 12

mountainskidder

Came across these while viewing a Hillcrest Lumber Mesachie Lake photo album recently posted online by Nigel Robertson. Not sure of the year of manufacture of these two old girls... but I think truck number 4 is from the late fifties... a classic! Guessing number 7 is an early HDX and number 4 is a WHD. Thoughts anyone?

Attachments

• IMG_1041.JPG
    IMG_1041.JPG
    670.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1049.jpg
    IMG_1049.jpg
    439.8 KB · Views: 30

Hayesno1

Occupation
Project manager
Came across these while viewing a Hillcrest Lumber Mesachie Lake photo album recently posted online by Nigel Robertson. Not sure of the year of manufacture of these two old girls... but I think truck number 4 is from the late fifties... a classic! Guessing number 7 is an early HDX and number 4 is a WHD. Thoughts anyone?
Yes both are early Hayes as they got square windows doors. No#7 is an HDX and No#4 is a HD. Awsome pics

HDX

#4 was a 1953 HD originally ordered by L Traer through Hillcrest Lumber and for whatever reason, Stan Hallorin Got it. Not sure but think Hillcrest Lumber might have had something to do with the Ordering /Purchasing of some of these trucks and equipment. Maybe somebody down that way knows how it worked... #7 was ordered by Hillcrest and lettered with #7 on the doors ...For sure was a March/1957 HDX, and it did come with the 4600 rear diffs and 12 foot bunks,