• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

hauling my tractor

jimmyjack

pics of me moving hauling my kutoba around on my new trailer

Attachments

• new_IMG_0363.jpg
    new_IMG_0363.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 2,190
  • new_IMG_0362.jpg
    new_IMG_0362.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,624
  • new_IMG_0367.jpg
    new_IMG_0367.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 1,640

leadarrows

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner: Acme Farms LLC
Is the tilting gravity or hydraulic?

See that? There is your answer.
Be kinda hard to tilt a gravity bed with the tractor still all the way to the front.
Ya I know don't be a smart azz. lol :)
Just bored and trying to help.

Looks like a nice trailer. Can't say I ever saw one just like it. Mind if I ask what it set you back?

Attachments

• new_IMG_0367.jpg
    new_IMG_0367.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,489
Last edited:

jimmyjack

the trailer is a load trail, it is hyd power up/down. a couple friends and i bought it after the car trailer we had got stolen, that trailer was only good for maybe 8000#s and we maxed it out a few times, so when lookin for a new one we picked this one. this ones 14000#s gvw with the torsion axles, hyd tilt, its 18 foot we were gonna get the 20 footer but the dealer didn't have any more. the trailers i think is around 3000#s empty, but the dmax doesn't know its there and my friends both have cummins. we went with the tilt because there had been times when the ramps moved loading or the bottom of a car got hung up on were the beavertail and deck meet, it was a little more money but we figured we were paying for new we'll get it the way we want it.

http://www.loadtrail.com/

it was just over $5000, we got to chose from three free up grades one was a free spare tire, a set of straps or LED lites. we went with the lights i couldn't help it :cool:

bobcat ron

Banned
Occupation
playing with the new 247 MTL
Reason I asked (knowing that I can see the cylinder) is because some trailers just have a dummy cylinder to cushion the deck as it tilts up/down.

leadarrows

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner: Acme Farms LLC
Reason I asked (knowing that I can see the cylinder) is because some trailers just have a dummy cylinder to cushion the deck as it tilts up/down.

How can a system like that hold a tractor up in the air like that? And if if can hold up that much weight how do you get it down?
I don't think it's possible but I don't know everything so help me out here. :beatsme

bobcat ron

Banned
Occupation
Some of the tilt decks I've seen (and loaded on) have a cylinder, usuallly hydraulic one that has both ports connected together with a restricting device between the two ports, some decks you actually had to drive alomst to the point that the machine was going to go off the edge to get over center, then the deck comes down, but you can actually tip it and drive back down/up and have the cylinder hold it there.

But something always had to give on the cylinder, my Dad's old Miller tilt deck kept bending the cylinder rod when he got too carried away, good times, I still remember Dad cussing and swearing when it happened.......:Banghead

dayexco

our delta has that looped hydraulic line bobcat ron is talking about, they install a small orifice in the line to slow down the flow. ours didn't work at all when new, totally stripped out the framework for the cylinder after several uses. it's been totally rebuilt by delta, but i'm not impressed with it at all....competitor has a DCT trailer....LOT nicer

bobcat ron

Banned
Occupation
And my brother's TrailKing TK50 has dual air cylinders, they cushion it up or down when loading one of the Cat 320's.

jimmyjack

thanks, its not the heavyest thing but the dmax still doesn't know any different . i towed that with my programer on the setting i normally run around on the street NOT towing its funny to get the look from people as u out accelerate them off a light:D

jimmyjack

some new pics of me hauling stuff around

Attachments

• tractor 001.jpg
    tractor 001.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 302
  • tractor 002.jpg
    tractor 002.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 295
  • tractor 003.jpg
    tractor 003.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 296
  • tractor 005.jpg
    tractor 005.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 289
  • tractor 007.jpg
    tractor 007.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 292

bobcatmechanic

Occupation
bobcat mechanic
you forgot the electric jack motor to get rid of the manual labor there since you dont have ramps to wrasile l any more

jimmyjack

i've only put 80hrs since getting it, so far no problems. only thing i need to change is i need the right size bucket for it the 72inch is great for moving material, but it gets a little nose heavy when loading loam in a dump truck

Deere9670

Occupation
Farm equipment operator
Mower looks a little dented. The blades dont hit? What kind of mower is that?