• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hauling cat 315 on 20 ton tag

jd550g

Hi all Just my 2 cents on this I bought a brand new towmaster 25 ton tri axle put It behind a tri axle international dump and put a 160 deere on it and always felt I had a safe set up put the machine over the trailer axles and put the boom as close to the tailgate as I could get. Now the problem came when I would get off road to remote sights, unload and try to get out with a empty trailer that was heavy and had little to no tonge weight. I was stuck all the time, sold the 25 ton, sold the tri axle dump , lost some money in the process bought a older tandem tractor and a fixed neck 25 ton lowboy and have never looked back since I am very happy with the set up much much better for moving the bigger stuff in my opinion

JCSI

I have a Kaufman DT35 Hydraulic detach and have had really good luck with it and if I do have trouble I call the sales person and he always gets back with me. Also have a Felling 50Ton tri-axle tag but would never even put close to that weight on it, occasionally will haul our PC200-8 on it but that seems like quite a bit for it used to haul our 690E on it all the time but traded it in for a PC210-10

Jim Dandy

image.jpg

Here is a picture of a 160 on a 25 ton Towmaster. Used to have a 20 ton tag and the third axle does make it ride better plus you have another set of brakes.

Shimmy1

Not sure if you're interested in lowboy pics, but here's mine anyway.

Attachments

• IMG_20141117_165107121_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20141117_165107121_HDR.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 444

Dickjr.

Not sure if you're interested in lowboy pics, but here's mine anyway.

Nice rig , all I want is a tandem dump , I have the 20 ton trailking. One thing about RGN around here , you get hung up coming over rises when turning onto other roads. We have one guy that has a fixed neck with a 16' well , phelan , the first 2 years he had it , stayed hung up on humps. If our roads permit it your rig would be ideal. Lot of 1 lane croaked up hill down hill around blind curves etc.

woodstrucking

JCSI - I am looking purchase a Kaufman 35-ton 2-axle RGN. Have you had any issues with it? Does it have rear ramp and a pony motor? I currently have a 4-axle Eager Beaver 55-ton RGN with pony motor and its been a really good trailer.