• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hauling a bobcat

glenlunberg

Occupation
Supervisor
here's a pic of a little bobcat,2 staps is all i need!

View attachment 96692

i'm using it to put a full basement under my chainsaw shop,because my 1845C won't fit!.....but it will after i'm done!!!!

Great machine! Just wondering if you have done the job great. I want to see the results because I'm planning also to move a machine. And I need some tips about it.

fyrwood guy

Occupation
husqvarna chain saw dealer
here are some pic's of my "excavation job"...i started out with a"toro",but finished up with the bobcat...it's a much better machine!
i love the rental places that have different machines to use!
PORCH ADDITION 4  Large Web view.jpgPORCH ADDITION 3  Large Web view.jpg
INTERNET POST PIC NO. 148 Large Web view.jpgINTERNET POST PIC NO. 87 Large Web view.jpgINTERNET POST PIC NO. 89 Large Web view.jpg

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
4 chains, 4 binders, one on each cornor and one on any attachment.....I use a HD racket strap on the bucket or attachment......this is legal format in most states...

Karl Robbers

I have heard the spinning turbo argument several times from some people whose opinion I would generally listen to. In thinking about it though, the turbo should only spin if there is a path for the air to run through it. While the exhaust may be open, the airway would be blocked by the valves and combustion chambers on the engine side of the turbo. I suppose GM's may leak a little air via the air box drains, but it wouldn't be much. Is that your thinking too Scrub?

rutwad

Duct tape the bobcat at all 4 corners, chain the muffler, and you are ready to go.

We haul a ditch-witch R40 on a custom built trailer. Behind the 2 axles are D-rings attached to the floor of the trailer, each with about 30"s of chain. We pull the trencher just ahead of the d-rings, then hook the chains to a tie down point on the left and right rear of the trencher. Drive the trencher forward until the chains are tight. Then we only have to worry with the front. Really does save a lot of time.