• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Haul road....

Wolf

I love building road like that! No inspectors, no traffic, and no people! Plus your in the mountians!
We built 7 miles of new road into a new gold mine in N.E. Washington 2 years ago the same way. Pushed around 300,000 yards with a 9N and two 8N's. Had to truck about 100,000.
My boss told me when we started, "We will never build another on like this!" I really hope he was wrong!

Especially good to hear no inspectors. Get to do your work the right way, with no interference. Nice to work in the mountains with no traffic too.

Did you have to take out a lot of trees to build that mining haul road too, Jason?

Wolf

One part of my job that I hate is knocking down the old growth oaks....something wrong about killing a tree that's been around since my great-great granddad.....

That being said, the twig in the middle of this pic is actually an oak with a 7' diameter trunk, can't get to it so its getting blasted out.

That's awesome. How many of those old growth oaks did you get to push over. How big are they usually. How often do you have to blast one out that is so big taht your machine can't take care of it. The sierra club shouldn't find out what you are doing LOL.

Crawler Hawler

Occupation
HEO, Drill&Boom
The machine could take care of that oak no problem, it's just not worth the time and effort to build a ramp to get to and knock the tree down.

I've knocked over, dug out and cleared quite a few old growth oaks :(
I don't enjoy it.

Here's a pic of the D10N we rented, it's going back....

Attachments

• D10N.JPG
    D10N.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 1,381

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
Especially good to hear no inspectors. Get to do your work the right way, with no interference. Nice to work in the mountains with no traffic too.

Did you have to take out a lot of trees to build that mining haul road too, Jason?

Well of corse! You cant build a road through a forest without cutting a couple million board feet of timber!
767.jpg

Miningpower

Occupation
Equipment operator
Nice pics! A friend of mine used to run a 9L for the longest time. Said it was an excellent dozer.

monster truck

:iagree I have got to spend a good bit of time on a 9L and it is definately one of my favorite dozers to run. Good power, good visibility, reliable, simple to work on and suprisingly stable when you get into the steep stuff.

DanRooks

Occupation
Working with Machine owners and Managers in 85+ co
Great Pics Crawler Hauler. Do you have any data you can reports on the Undercarriage Wear and Tear also Fuel Consumption?
Dan

Crawler Hawler

Occupation
HEO, Drill&Boom
Mr. Rooks,

I'll be back at work next week, I'll look up the fuel consumption numbers and give them to you. As far as U/C wear goes, our dozer has about 500 hrs on it so everything still looks great.

We've got 5,000 hrs+ on our D9L U/C since a major....

and it still has plenty of life left.

Tom.