• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hartz 1D81 c engine.

Ocka

Hi again,I have a 1D81c Hartz diesel engine in a silencer cover engine that has a leaking fuel feed lift pump that keeps the fuel system primed. I have a replacement part fuel feed lift pump to install but this potentially looks a bit challenging as there are fuel pipes that look like they could be in the road and restricting the removal of the old fuel feed lift pump.especially the one that goes to the injector pump.the top mounting bolt for the fuel feed lift pump looks very difficult to access especially given this motor has a silincer cover on it .Also I read that the top stud also holds a governor spring inside the crankcase so can’t be unscrewed with the nut. Don’t really want to disturb fuel pipes attached to the injector pump that doesn’t look simple at all.Space is very tight for what should be simple job with high risk of mucking up the fuel system. The replacement part looks slightly different with its P/N being

Vetech63

I'm not familiar with your particular Hatz engine but I have replaced the supply pump on others before. It works no differently than any engine mechanical supply pump and is simply a remove and replace. Its dam difficult to do with the air cowling still in place though and what application the engine is installed in can make it even more difficult.

Ocka

Thanks so much for your support haven’t done the job yet but sounds like removing as much as possible Ecotel hand is the key.Think there is a governor spring attached to the inside of one of the studs on the inside of crank case .to be careful of ?

Ocka

I'm not familiar with your particular Hatz engine but I have replaced the supply pump on others before. It works no differently than any engine mechanical supply pump and is simply a remove and replace. Its dam difficult to do with the air cowling still in place though and what application the engine is installed in can make it even more difficult.
Thanks so much vetech63 haven’t done the job yet but sounds like removing as much as possible before hand is the key,some of the fuel pipes look a bit challenging and apparently one of the studs holds a spring for the governor on the inside of the crank case.anyway it’s a fuel leak so maybe just taking the top of the little lift pump and maybe replacing what ever seals that could work possibly.any way very interesting thanks so much for your support.Ocka.