• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Harford buckets?

Palmer78

I need to get 2 more buckets for my IHI mini excavator. Trouble is that it has a quick attach system called a "safe lock SL-30" which is made by harford manufacturing, a company in europe. This system appears to be very unpopular here in the states. Does anyone know of anyplace that carries used buckets that fit this system?

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
You might be better off going with something like the Werk Brau coupler than trying to match buckets to the off brand coupler. The couplers are not that expensive as I recall. The WB manual coupler is fast and seems to wear well. I have had to of them on two different Takeuchi excavators. The next best is to buy used buckets that are close in design, cut the ears off and modify as needed. Assuming that is possible with that coupler, I am not familiar with it. I had an IHI but it did not have a coupler. You might be able to sell the coupler back to IHI in Elizebethtown, Ky. Great people to work with, they might be up for something like that.