• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hardwood Project

GRUZ PLT

Rubber tire vs. track[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

• Imported Photos 00336.jpg
    Imported Photos 00336.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 724
  • Imported Photos 00772.jpg
    Imported Photos 00772.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 722
  • Imported Photos 00765.jpg
    Imported Photos 00765.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 744

redlaker1

I have never seen a wheeled buncher operate. seems like there would be so much repositioning compared to a tracked machine where you could reach out and grab multiple trees with the boom before you had to move.

what is the advantage of a wheeled buncher? nobody around here uses them, but I knew they existed.

GRUZ PLT

Rubber tire bunchers do have there place, and can be very productive. On this job the two operators split 20 acres and the rubber tire finished about 10 minutes faster. Now with that being said, it was very flat grade with alot small wood,Imported Photos 00419.jpg

Imported Photos 00781.jpg

Imported Photos 00374.jpg

Imported Photos 00726.jpg

Imported Photos 00743.jpg

DirectTech

Occupation
Mechanic
Around here the terain is step and rocky, so we don't have many rubber tires bunchers we have alot of tracked but I could see where it would be handy if it were flat firm ground and if you have room to manuver.

nedly05

You see the occasional wheeled buncher around here, but most everyone with a mechanical operation has gone with a track buncher and a grapple skidder, or a CTL harvester and a forwarder.