• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Handy truck

Sberry

Occupation
Farmer
I have used a lot of cranes but 1 I own is this little deal. So easy a girl can drive it. I have a service truck and at one time was gonna put a crane on then the work changed a little and this is the ticket. I would like one bigger, this is really a pinch too small but I am a rigger from he77 anyway and can slide by. Using it more, pother people as operators and some more poop would be in order. I built some bvuildings and have aMack finished 2.JPG Mack Tire.JPG rafter rigging.JPG corner col.JPG little truss extension and man basket but its really too small for construction work,,, you can get something done when you have to but if it was a regular scheme need something 2x the reach and for building really need a crane to come over the top.
This is super great for moving light equipment. Took the wheels right off some of the stuff, lightened it a little and they set and haul better. I build a good sized building with it, wouldnt be the thing if I was in that biz full time for erection work.

skyking1

I love those little cabover trucks for how tight they turn. That looks really handy with that knuckle on it.

Reactions: DB2

Natman

Nice rig! I've heard they ride rough though, with your butt right over the front axle. I see you can now get a Manitex 22101S on a single axle cab over chassis. That would be hard to beat for getting into tight spots, but the lack of chassis weight must effect the load chart.

Toolslinger

I've spent a lot of time running Isuzu cab overs. I never understood the complaints people have about the seats. If I was going to drive one all day, yea, they're kinda thin. Usually though being smaller trucks, you tend to just go A to B, and B is the work, so you're not pounding down the road all day. The bigger Isuzu cabover I ran a couple times was fine for a longer run. Nowhere near as nice as the air suspension seat in my conventional, but not bad.