• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

handy tool to fit new blade wear strips

shaggs

Occupation
grader operator/leading hand
made this tool to make easy to fit new wear strips on a cat. i use it on an m series , first loosen off the adjusters on top of the blade and remove both wear strip retainers ( hard to get new strip in if you dont , yes i have tried) move the blade to get some movement around the wear strip ,fit the tool and place the new strip on slide guide and push into place with side shift Remove the tool , replace retainers , adjust the wear adjustment bolts on top of blade and the jobs done. the strips are self lubing poly ,very tough material .

shaggs

Occupation
grader operator/leading hand
i was telling a local engineer shop owner about the poly wear inserts on top of the circle and he said he knew of a similar material. it comes in a solid block and they machine it down to size , i gave them an original for a template . i use them on the top and bottom of the blade. the rails will be mirror finish when worked for awhile . the engineer shop use this material in the abattoir industry on slide rails for ease of movement and long wearing , next time i see him i will find out the name.

pedrocar

Occupation
grader operator
Made some myself from non wear plastic can mill them so there tight on the rail