• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hammers

REGS

Anybody here can help with the price of a Rammer/Sandvik BR3288 breaker?

thank you

TCM

I'v read threw this thread and have a question for ya. We don't buy our hammers at auction. We rent to own. Run it for a while and if it's good we buy it. Now back to my original question if you buy a hammer at acution for lets say 5000 get it home and find it needs rebuilt. Cost of rebuild is 10,000 but buying new is about 25,000. Arn't you still ahead? I was in the understanding that as long as the casing is good once you rebuild it it's the same as new. Or have i been misinformed.

Agreed, a rebuild can be cost effective. I think the risk is the cracked housing that only NDT my indicate rendering it a super duper expensive overhaul?

Tags

I have an Indeco 2000lb hammer and have been very pleased with it. Their HQ is in Stratford, Ct which is very close to where I operate out of and since the dealer it came from went out of business I can deal with them direct for service and parts. They have been nothing but outstanding with the attention and service I have gotten from them and they have been very reasonable with their pricing. The hammer hits well and seems fairly simple to service so far.

Mjrdude1

We are looking to buy a 5000# impact class hyd hammer soon, and have contacted several dealers of different brands. They all tend to "pump" their own brand over others. I'm wondering if any of you guys know which brand is best in terms of uptime, parts and service support, and ease of rebuilding?
We currently own a Kent KF27 QT which has been a good hammer so far. We also own an Esco ES80A which was probably the hardest hitting hammer we ever had with very little downtime. Problem with the Esco is they don't make em anymore.

Impact class on hammers is very misleading due to everyone classing hammers differently. We have tried various hammers supposedly in the same class and some hit like a little girl compared to others. It's for sure a confusing area of our industry, especially when you are talking that kind of money and getting the most bang for the buck.

I figured it couldn't hurt to ask you all which brands stand out in the long run?

ROGER482

Occupation
Director
Here is one of my new Cat H160 fitted to a 336EL, it weighs 3,200kg

Breaker.png

Dozerboy2

Occupation
Business Owner, Operator, Manager, Mechanic
IMG_20130830_164745.jpgIMG_20130830_165157.jpg

Can anyone tell me what Model hammer this is. I have my doubts that its even a Furukawa brand. Has a 5" chisel, guy had it on a 320cat.