1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Hammer

Discussion in 'General Industry Questions' started by Reuben, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Reuben

Reuben Senior Member

WHat is the best way to flush out a hydraulic hammer.

2. cps

cps Senior Member

plant mechanic
    I'd have to say Strip it down Reuben, I think it would be the only way you can be guaranteed to clear out any debris you think might be in there!

CPS

3. Reuben

Reuben Senior Member

How involved is it to strip down the hammer.....The hammer has been used alot on one of our older machine and we want to use it on our newer machines and dont contaminate the newer machines with any junk.

4. mule

mule Member

There is quite a lot,stock should know more but for my input it will need regassing and unless you have the correct equipment and tools it will be difficult if not impossible to do it yourself.

5. Hendrik

Hendrik Senior Member

The easiest way is to hook up the inlet hose and remove the coupling from the outlet hose and ..........
    However seriously I would not bother myself, there is a filter in the return line to the tank so the pump is protected and the aux circuit does not go into the main circuit.
    If the older machine has been maintained well there should be no junk floating around in it's hydraulics anyway. If the older machine does have junk in it then you have to strip the hammer down because it won't be working for much longer.

6. stock

stock Senior Member

We have moved on and now were lost....
    Bang on there Hendrik, most breakers do not tolerate any foreign material in the guts so leave well enough alone,or if it needs it rebuild it.

7. Reuben

Reuben Senior Member

Well actually we are maintainance fanatic's and the older machine is very well maintained..............WE are going to leave well enough alone......thanks