• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

halla he280 28ton manual / help needed for hydraulics / engine stall

sid33

Hello, recently got halla he280 28tonner excavator, most electrics disconnected in cab so start / hour meter ok etc just
year is 1998

problem encounting is engine stalls even when lifting the boom up with no load. even at full revs, will stall when lifting book up etc at full speed

at half speed lift with joystick only half back, is ok

anyone have manuals on these machines etc or ideas on problem

change new filters on fuel etc but still no difference

AntonioRocha

Thats a korean made machine, its identical to other koreans, like hyundai, using cummins engine and kawasaki pumps. If the engine is not the problem you may have an hydraulic pump problem, with the pumps. Swash plate control not being done correctly. Better call someone that can check on your pumps

sid33

hi thanks for that, what is correct way to adjust track tension, is it undo 1 turn and put grease in or just put grease in without undo nut.

would yo have any manual anywhere for machine for mainteance etc

will try checking all the fuel lines again etc and see

if not engine, which pumps / location do you think is

any chance is filter issue

do you know part number for hyraulic filter also

mrh1966

hi thanks for that, what is correct way to adjust track tension, is it undo 1 turn and put grease in or just put grease in without undo nut.

would yo have any manual anywhere for machine for mainteance etc

will try checking all the fuel lines again etc and see

if not engine, which pumps / location do you think is

any chance is filter issue

do you know part number for hyraulic filter also

To adjust track tension just pump grease into nipple without undoing nut. Undo nut to release tension.

Make sure there are not any tiny filters in the banjo bolts on the fuel system. On my cat312 i systematically went through the whole fuel system pipes from tank to pump, removing and blowing out before putting back on.

Change all filters, air, oil, fuel and hydraulic and then see how the problem is.

Someone else may be able to help with other issues. Place in East Grinstead could help with filters (Hydraulic Plant Services Ltd).
Cheers

sid33

Fuel, oil filter changed, new engine oil, new lift pump installed and new electric pump also to lift pump to increase fuel flow but same problem. slightly better performance but not much and engine will die liftting boom or moving dipper with no load when in air.

changed hydraulic return filter also but same, only suction filter to do now and get injector test done on engine maybe

mako

Fuel, oil filter changed, new engine oil, new lift pump installed and new electric pump also to lift pump to increase fuel flow but same problem. slightly better performance but not much and engine will die liftting boom or moving dipper with no load when in air.

changed hydraulic return filter also but same, only suction filter to do now and get injector test done on engine maybe

Hi sid33 did you fix halla he 280 ? what was it? I have same machine and same problem

sid33

Hi sid33 did you fix halla he 280 ? what was it? I have same machine and same problem

Hi did you buy a halla with that problem or did yours start to encounter the problem

no we swapped ours for a smaller machine as could of been costly a few guys said as not to many will work on halla s,

were told to get the pressures checked and some valves also and do all filter change,
sorry

mako

I bought it with that problem, engine was gone so i rebuild engine and it still will die lifting or moving with no load. same simptom like your. You don't know if somebody fix it after?

sid33

when did you buy it out of interest and wereabouts. incase was our one, unlikely but never know. how much are you into it. I know had a cummiins engine on offer to me which fitted this machine a while back if you not rebuilt yet. what we were told is get the pressures checked on machine and flow rates checked incase adjusted (eg for hammer etc) but shouldn't cause it to be bad if done though.

sid33

another possible cause was something in the pump (piston I think a guy said not getting to full reach or something to built the pressure or something) so may need removed and serviced. can't remember exactly but not to big of job if was this.

I had guy in australia who helped us little as they use halla big way in australia (lots of spares there) if you stuck, can try find the company name or direct contact guy.

mako

anup?
ther possible cause was something in the pump (piston I think a guy said not getting to full reach or something to built the pressure or something) so may need removed and serviced. can't remember exactly but not to big of job if was this.

I had guy in australia who helped us little as they use halla big way in australia (lots of spares there) if you stuck, can try find the company name or direct contact guy.

how this problem show up? it's follow some electric problem?...

sid33

how this problem show up? it's follow some electric problem?...

I think is mechanical issue internally due to machine sitting to long unsed someone said before or not propertly servied also (oil not changed soon enough) or run to hot also etc

Did you machine have missing engine cover also on it and injector bypassed when you bought it out of interest

sid33

Hi don't know if you had serial, could tell you, ours was sent to auction here middle of last year appprox, had engine cover missing, engine had problem with 1 injector (was bypassed to protect engine) but had your problem on hydraulics, engine stall under any load lifting or working almost unless at full revs (they stresses engine more this way)

inside cab, no safety stop in cab, no gauges working etc.