• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Guy's help me pick out a good farm size track loader with 4-1 and teeth

charles walton

The import steel is SLIGHTLY inferior to CAT and its about half as much money.Most used equipment dealers don't put new genuine cat undercarriage on unless they find a deal in some at an auction or something.HeavyQuip prices are about half of Cat and the steel will last you about 60-70 percent as long as cat,but if you have the money go with cat by all means,we all need to buy American when we can afford to.

JBGASH

Occupation
Plumbing & Excavation Contractor / farmer
The old parts will be sold to a scrap salvage yard to be recycled. I have had good luck with Heavyquip with other machines, in addition the Heavyquip salesman has always been very accomodating and will deliver any single part I call for. This service has always kept me comming back to them. I am sure there are other good suppliers out there also. Our CAt dealer is 45mins away and they also have been very good.
got it. been on youtube looking at undercarrage rebuilding, other than its heavy work and takes big equipment to do it seems simple enough. when you say you take your old parts to salvage yard do you mean scrap steel yard or component rebuilders. i see they rebuild about every component on machines... and hooray i learned what a grouser is !!!!!! I,am getting there. i have most of whats necessary to do a u/c rebuild i feel including a over head crane.
bob

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Here are some 953B's to look at - http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...mdlx=exact&bcatid=4&Pref=0&scf=true&HDROR=asc

I have a '04 953C and it's been a good machine but it does have a lot of electronics. From what you describe, I would look at 953B's to stay away from the computers/electronics and to keep the price down. The B's are dependable strong machines and good ones can be bought reasonably.

I am not a fan of 4n1's or rippers on a track loader but that's my personal opinion, although the ripper does make a nice tow bar.:D

BCOWANWHEELS

Occupation
semi retired and angus cattle farmer
I have a heavyquip close to me in knoxville i found out. 1 1/2 hrs away and stowers cat about 15 minutes from me but i bet going thru cat would be pricey. I,ve got them looking for a 953b. Said there shop rate now is 100.00 pr hr. He tried to steer me to a computer controld machine strongly today.
Bob

ih100

Have you thought about a IH175? With sweeps the IH is less vulnerable to cab damage than a Cat hystat when doing fence line and tree work.

BCOWANWHEELS

Occupation
Ih100 thats a little old for me now in life, i cant do any heavy maint anymore even though i have the shop and tools. I need a machine i can just service and use bt thanks for the imput its appreciated

BCOWANWHEELS

Occupation
Found a couple units in the 7500.00 to 9k range, they need some love so i called heavyquip in knoxville, tn. To check on some parts and heres what they quoted me.

Complete undercarrage new rebuild parts (this is everything with 18" shoes) $9700.00
there brand engine o/h parts (itr) $1000.00 they say there a clevite dealer so that would be the brand i,d go with.
Looking at it this way i,d know exactly what i had when finished but boy is it alot of work !!!!! And time its said and done i,d have close to 25k in the job and machine.

Any thoughts ?

charles walton

I've been working on a 955L for about a year and a half now it had new under carrage and a good engine when I bought it but I've had to do alot of stuff to it and I've only put about 30 hrs on it,if I had the money I'd just buy a good used 53 or 63 and start using it unless you really enjoy mechanicing on stuff.

BCOWANWHEELS

Occupation
No i dont want to mechanic on one but most are hi hours i,am finding because of the age.

wosama931b

Occupation
Real Estate Broker/ Ret.
Hi, after i re considered a machine for you, with all the stuff that your doing and planing, i don't one cat is going to be enough, any good barn yard has at least
3-4 cats. lol.. have a lota fun. sam.

BCOWANWHEELS

Occupation
No it was 943's. I found a lady who's husband just passed away and she's selling there 943. Its been on the farm since new. Going to look at it saturday.

BCOWANWHEELS

Occupation
Today while on my way to the store i spotted a cat 941b for sale. Its all original and not a dent on it. Sprockets look to be very little wear. Its faded alot but that dont matter and it dont have a 4-1 bucket. After thinking about it its been there for sale for quite a while and i bet the owner could be in the selling mood. Whats you fellas thoughts on this model ?

denver m farms

Occupation
Farmer/cattle buyer/ construction/excavating
Today while on my way to the store i spotted a cat 941b for sale. Its all original and not a dent on it. Sprockets look to be very little wear. Its faded alot but that dont matter and it dont have a 4-1 bucket. After thinking about it its been there for sale for quite a while and i bet the owner could be in the selling mood. Whats you fellas thoughts on this model ?

Depends on the price for the 941 but they are not bad loader's at all, and if it is that nice it might be just fine. The one owner 943 sounds alot better though, if it is in good shape i would have a hard time passing it up.

BCOWANWHEELS

Occupation
I,am gonna call the 941b owner tomarrow also get some pictures. I have to travel a hour to the 943 so it will be saturday-monday time wise for it. I bet the 941b will be about 7-9k, the 943 she,s asking 25k but said she's very neg. On price.

charles walton

The 941b is a great little tractor,just a lot slower than the 43 and harder on the operator's body,if you do buy it I have a parts tractor with many good parts if you ever need a trans or final drive or steering cluthes,radiator hydraulic cylinders and alot of sheet metal.

denver m farms

Occupation
Farmer/cattle buyer/ construction/excavating
The 941 in my opinion is also harder to work on than a 943, as far as getting to certain place's on the machine.