• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Grove YB4408 "Yard Boss" Carrydeck crane

apetad

Occupation
Compact Construction Equipment Sales
Has anyone resealed the swivel joint between upperstructure & deck? Grove not wanting to let me see a parts breakdown of the swivel. Not sure how we remove and/or reseal it. Functions work as they are supposed to, but swivel leaks out of the top.

Attachments

• Exterior 2.jpg
    Exterior 2.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 36
  • swivel 2.jpg
    swivel 2.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Swivel.jpg
    Swivel.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Swivel main.jpg
    Swivel main.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 35

crane operator

Shouldn't be anything exotic in there. Oil seal maybe o ring top and bottom and seals inbetween ports. Grove dealer should be able to get you a kit if you want to go that route, but just matching up the seals will be a lot cheaper.

The dealer will have a parts breakdown and a drawing, and if your grove dealer won't give it, get me the serial # and I'll get one for you.

The parts breakdown will only be grove part #'s, not a listing of size and type of oring- so to get the seals from a hyd. shop you would need to disassemble and then match up seals.

apetad

Occupation
Shouldn't be anything exotic in there. Oil seal maybe o ring top and bottom and seals inbetween ports. Grove dealer should be able to get you a kit if you want to go that route, but just matching up the seals will be a lot cheaper.

The dealer will have a parts breakdown and a drawing, and if your grove dealer won't give it, get me the serial # and I'll get one for you.

The parts breakdown will only be grove part #'s, not a listing of size and type of oring- so to get the seals from a hyd. shop you would need to disassemble and then match up seals.
SN# 220334 (Can it be done from the top or does it get removed?)

crane operator

Some of them can be done in the crane, but I think its a lot easier if you just take it out. It should only be 6 or so hoses up and down and you can have it on the bench. Its a lot easier to put the seals all in, and pull the barrel back on, if its on a table. Plus it will probably need a hone of the barrel before you go back together.

I'll call my dealer in the morning and see if I can get you a drawing and a parts list.

apetad

Occupation
Some of them can be done in the crane, but I think its a lot easier if you just take it out. It should only be 6 or so hoses up and down and you can have it on the bench. Its a lot easier to put the seals all in, and pull the barrel back on, if its on a table. Plus it will probably need a hone of the barrel before you go back together.

I'll call my dealer in the morning and see if I can get you a drawing and a parts list.
Any hints on how to get UNDERNEATH the beast to remove the lines?

crane operator

Use the outrigger jacks to block up, then blocks under the tires, then more blocks under the outriggers again. Go buy 6x6 posts and cut them up and log cabin it to crib it up.

crane operator

You can also just block the front and rear "bumpers" and then pull the jacks up and get another set of blocks under the jacks, probably safer than blocking the tires.

skyking1

Sounds like you "Been there,done that"
You get old and wise and go for more elbow room and less body abuse.
This was not a fun swivel to unhose but I used a mini to pull it up in place.
PXL-20220617-162035193.jpg