• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Grove Hydraulic Body

terex herder

Who told you the valve body was hardened steel? Can you file it with a new file?

That valve body looks repairable to me.

Seeing the damage makes me think someone tried to reseal the valve with oversized orings.

icestationzebra

Similar to what Crane Operator said - If you can find the same body casting you could always swap over the other parts. I would use a good straight edge to see how flat the sections are.

But for root cause I'm not buying the over torque theory. The rest of the block surface would have to crush - isn't happening. What's much more likely is that at the o-rings are (or where) too large and when compressed they pushed the overly thin inner groove walls out.

ISZ

Mechanicsville804

Who told you the valve body was hardened steel? Can you file it with a new file?

That valve body looks repairable to me.

Seeing the damage makes me think someone tried to reseal the valve with oversized orings.
Terex Herder, I'm pretty sure it's hardened steel, When I had it off I believe I tried to take a file to it. Any recommendation on how to repair the seats?

Mechanicsville804

Similar to what Crane Operator said - If you can find the same body casting you could always swap over the other parts. I would use a good straight edge to see how flat the sections are.

But for root cause I'm not buying the over torque theory. The rest of the block surface would have to crush - isn't happening. What's much more likely is that at the o-rings are (or where) too large and when compressed they pushed the overly thin inner groove walls out.

ISZ
Thank you, Oh I see, you're saying instead of it being overtighened and the O-ring seats cracking, they actually cracked due to an oversized O-Ring being installed, interesting, I have never thought of that!

The originial post states that we are looking for replacement sections for this valve body with no success so far, If you have any leads on where to find anything concerning this valve body, new or used, we would greatly appreciate it!

icestationzebra

The originial post states that we are looking for replacement sections for this valve body with no success so far, If you have any leads on where to find anything concerning this valve body, new or used, we would greatly appreciate it![/QUOTE]

Sorry, I thought you said you tried to find the whole valve assy and/or section. ISZ

ferrret3238

If you have the hydraulic schematic for the machine's hydraulic system you might be able to replace that block with a newer one. Looks to be a inlet outlet section with a pressure relief, 2 pilot operated valve sections and a end cap. I used to have a Gresen hydraulic valve almost like yours. Prince, Gresen, parker, all make a modular stack valve similar. Would want to know the flow rate before finding a replacement. New could be cheaper than a old replacement with old seals and the same problem you already have. Baileys, or surplus center might be good to look at too.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Following with Vetech, is damned near to impossible to overtighten damage any of that, except with incorrect orings. Try posting part numbers on Machinery Trader parts request, has to be someone will have these.

terex herder

Hard or not hard, doesn't matter. I'd make a spud between the sections to make up for the broken inner wall on the two round ports. The slight reduction on diameter will be insignificant. If there is enough meat on the mating part I'd make a new, larger round o ring path for the square port. The new path doesn't need to be centered on the port.