• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Grove GMK-7550 making a 261ft radius lift!

gostr8r

Occupation
Full time crane operator for Crane Rental Corp sin
Beautiful rig, nice camera work and impressive video production! Really liked the hook mounted veiw and the start up from the cab too.I would have to have a talk with the guy flapping his arms up and down for a boom signal tho. I know he's 300 feet away so a radio would have been in order instead. It looks so much like ours only your's looks much newer. Our's stays busy all the time. Hope your's will too. We used ours to take my SK 415 tower crane down at NASA, from 320 feet [to my slewing ring]. He started out with 457' [+or-]of tele and luffer and the Mega Wing, to get some of the earlier pics down, but eventually had to reconfigure to get under the counter deck of my T/C to get one of the tie in's out. He was just about 12" too tall to pass under me, so he sucked it back in and reset the main boom's length shorter. If you look close at the pics that I took from the tower you can see he had only inches of tail swing clearance to get 'er done. http://s1029.photobucket.com/albums/y355/gostr8r/My Crane Rental Corp projects/#!cpZZ5QQtppZZ16

Last edited:
It is 550 US tons or 450 Metric tons. Yea that is quite a distance to be away. Our operator is spot on and we did have radios as most of the lift the operator was unable to see the load. Just setting her down we went radio-less.