• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Grouser OTT Tracks

dirt worx

Looks like Tracksplus have the competition beat. Better price, lighter and easier to install, comparative traction, what else? Can they be rebuilt like the others? Thanks for the suggestion skidsteer. Anyone else have feedback on Tracksplus tracks?

skidsteer.ca

Occupation
Contractor
Looks like Tracksplus have the competition beat. Better price, lighter and easier to install, comparative traction, what else? Can they be rebuilt like the others? Thanks for the suggestion skidsteer. Anyone else have feedback on Tracksplus tracks?

There is only 4 parts to their track
Pad
Side link
pin
nut (to hold pin in)

Any damage component could be replaced with two 3/4" wrenches.
The pins and side links can be replaced if they wear out b4 the pads. However the pin also rotates in the pad so that hole will wear out eventually too.
But this designs slows the pin wear by speading the wear area out over the whole pin. Pins are 5/8" dia. No bushings, but side links are only @$3.50 each. Pins under $1.
I have over 40 sets out, I had only one fellow break anything, a couple side links, until he realized one of his attachments was catching the front tires.
The only bad thing I have to say is they won't run in wet snow. Snow balls pack inside the pad until the track gets rediculously tight and you have to stop. Dry snow is fine.

I bought a set of McLaren diamonds for winter work. Heavier.Hard on turf, but good in snow. Only 9/16" pins, that are locked to the pad (pin only wears in side link) Smoother running track because it has more pads. Quiet at first beause they oil the pins. (likely good for breaking them in with less wear)
Not as massive as the Grouser bar tracks, but still a good track too for a medium price.
Grouser tracks came on a used machine I bought. Very heavy, easier on turf because the bars are wide enough they don't penetrate the turf, usually. Parts are replaceable but cost and labour will make you think about buying a new set of Tracks Plus.
Ken

Last edited:

grinchy72

Wheel spacers

I I'm to new to start a thread yet, but I have a question about wheel spacers. I have an old John Deere 675B and I need wheel spacers to put on tracks.I need at least 3" spacers due to the way the machine is built(to clear everything) Does anyone know if I can use 2-1 1/2" spacers?

mark450

i'd be real carefull doubling spacers could be trouble.. if you do make sure they are real tight and lock tite them.....i guess it would work if they mate up ok ...just remember tracks alone add alot of stress to axles space em farther adds to to it...

LKOIVULA

Right track system-edmonton alberta-repairable,no slippage,replaceble parts

,replac
starting to seriously wonder if to bother with getting the tracks..............seems like lotsa pros and cons, and i dont know any locals who have tracks on there skid steers............maybe they know something i dont..........

I have to say the local grouser agent has been next to useless in getting any infomation on tracks................between two branches of the same agent i was given a totally different number of track sections needed! Certainly that gives me no confidance.........got most of my infomation off there website.....

Had a look at the mclaren tracks which look just as good, but theres no agents anywhere at all near where i am.

About the only thing i can go on for performance of the tracks are the mclaren steel track video on youtube which are quite impressive.

Is there anybody who can say anything positve about the bar steel track?

Maybe i should just get a proper tracked skid steer but they look like even bigger problems maintenance wise.

LKOIVULA

Bought the right track system in edmonton,alberta,canada,no slippage with inside bars-3 times better pushing power than tires.good flotation in mud.very cheap to rebuild.i believe best on market