• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Grizzly Trucks

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
Is it a 5.9??...Arts truck up in Sayward has a compressor on it as well.He installed it.I know very little history on your truck.I know it was built for a woman,I know the end cost to her and I know she waited very long for it..

diamondtguy

Occupation
Your truck left Grizzly at $75,000...The owner you got it from (Bruce??) paid $50,000..dont know long he owned it but it was a while.He had a bunch of the left over parts as well but sold them off...Your truck is the first one i looked at to buy...One year later I got mine..Its all good...Very first truck and the last truck..

diamondtguy

Occupation
Looking very good Will....I see your turbo is is a very different spot than mine...Mounted a little higher up..Does that truck have a exhaust brake ????

grizzly 005 (21).JPG

Will_M

I wonder if the different turbo placement is due to it being a commercial engine with the bigger turbo maybe?

It used to have an exhaust brake but it was missing when I bought the truck. I am planning on putting a new one on it.

diamondtguy

Occupation
Guessing your right about the turbo location..My turbo is a holeset.I think i have a pic of the tag.I have a pac brake on mine.Its works very well.I added a pyro and a boost gauge as well..I wired up the pac brake to a switch on the shifter.You already have air on board..I used the pac brake compressor for my air bags as the oem one was not working

grizzly 004 (2).JPG 67417889_483299395814867_1383255665773903872_n.jpg

diamondtguy

Occupation
Just look at your pics Will...I see your truck has a tach.Lucky you.My engine was pre tach sensor's from Cummins.I had to put a crank trigger on it...The tack was $500.00 then i had to fab the mounts for the sensor...

diamondtguy

Occupation
Going to build a new intake top for the Cummins.This will be a 2 into one for better air distribution.My friend will do the fab work as i am currently not set up for it.None of my equipment is running.These plates are stainless and readily available in the states..The store bought two into ones dont work as my inter cooler pipes go over the top of the rad..
In typical UPS fashion the driver tossed the package over the fence into the snow.Package was found by someone else..

grizzly 003 (63).JPG grizzly intake 009.JPG grizzly intake 010.JPG grizzly intake 012.JPG

Welder Dave

I thought the doors came off a common brand truck but not sure which one. There was some discussion about it, I think earlier in this thread but nothing was conclusive.

diamondtguy

Occupation
Grizzly built the cabs..Doors are KW W900 i believe was the model.At some point they started to build doors of their own.I heard there was some legal issues with the KW doors.Windshields look KW but are slightly smaller..One truck i know of has the new style KW doors and they re cut the cab to use STD KW glass..surerus oil.jpg

Will_M

He did an awesome job, so did the engine guys.
We ended up putting a new heavy duty head on the engine with oversized valves and heavy duty valve springs. Exhaust brake is on and they did a great job with the exhaust pipes.

Pictures don't do the color justice, it really pops in person!

diamondtguy

Occupation
Wow...does it ever look nice...I spent hours researching the windshield seal.Mine was fine but the center bar was cut(very nice cut)Never did figure it out.Some where along my research i learned the glass was smaller.Witness marks on my glass helped the glass fitter make adjustments to the dimensions..My original class was not even close to fitting properly.He did a good job and there are no leaks..

Will_M

Good thing there aren't any leaks where you live!
We took one of the old windows in to Kenworth and held it up against a new one is how we found out.
I haven't seen it in person yet but there's no center post on mine now. It sounds like it looks really good.