• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Grizzly Trucks

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
Thank-you....I am liking its new look...
My days of sitting on a milk crate and going for a drive are over so I will wait till the seat is back in..
I have some electronic gadgets to install next then I am pretty much done..

diamondtguy

Occupation
So...I thought I was finished building/fabricating parts.Pulled part of the dash out today as I have to open up the stereo hole.Pc is not really in good shape but it is the original.Much to my surprise it is steel with some sort of woodgrained plastic stuck to it.It is quite heavy for its size...
I can't deal with steel and have no way of opening up the hole with out wrecking the finish.So wall art it becomes and I am making a new one from aluminum...I am just going to copy what they did but change the stereo hole.This is the only truck that got random switches.Pretty sure after this he went to a toggle switch panel...

dash 001.JPG dash 003.JPG dash 004.JPG

49pacific

You need a half sized Hayes bear for the hood. A few years ago me and my dad had a fellow carve us a bear about half size and had it casted to put on are Hayes Anderson.

diamondtguy

Occupation
I see my picture is back up(???)
I chose not use a Hayes hood ornament for a few reasons.Cost and availability would be two reasons.If I could get a set of the door emblems that would be different.I may water jet a grizzly profile when I have a chance..

diamondtguy

Occupation
I know there is more than one way to post pics but I just click upload a file then go into "my pictures" and click on the pics I want and up load them.This is one of the easier sites to load pictures on..
Nice looking truck...I found lots of pictures of her.

diamondtguy

Occupation
Made my new dash pc.Its just satin(aluminum) black for now,I am going to see if I can get some of the original woodgrained metal dash material from Pacific..I know they still have some.
Anyways the purpose of this was to hold my stereo..Not so concerned about the music but I wanted on board(in dash) Garmin GPS and I wanted a back up camera..MaryLee wants to drive this and the camera will help her backing up.I am still teaching her to back up by only using her mirrors.She has a Ranger PU..It will be handy with a trailer as well..

I have a dash mount Garmin in my other truck and they make rear view mirrors camera friendly but I don't want all the cords hanging around and in view..

The music will be nice too..

grizzly 003.JPG