• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Grey market 312 shutoff solenoid

aubuchon72786

I have a grey market 312 that the shut off solenoid burned up on, I ordered a new one but as so as I energized it it pulls which turns off excavator, any ideas? I tried swapping wires like cat said that and no luck

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I don't think that's a kosher number. Did you mean 7DK00548.? That would make more sense.

Sorry for insisting but there are two series of the 7DK model - Early and Late. It's important to know which one you have because the shutoff solenoid Part Numbers are different depending on whether the machine is an Early or a Late model.

Nige

No after market but cat said that's the one
The Part Number is correct as far as I can tell.

The aftermarket one may have the correct P/N marked on the box but I wouldn't like to take bets on whether or not it works the same way as the original. My suggestion would be to buy a genuine OEM one of the same Part Number.

Nige

Do you have a part number - Or a picture of what it looks like
9X-8124. See the attachment for location. Don't get hung up with the title of "starter relay" in the parts list - it is definitely the stop relay.

Refer to the electrical schematic, this is how it is supposed to work.

1715124985265.png

1. The three wires 109-OR have permanent battery power provided the 7N-0718 master disconnect switch is in the ON position.
2. When the wire 332-BU, which connects the 4I-5383 Engine/Pump Control Unit, is grounded it pulls in the shutdown relay coil which energizes wire 327-PK to move the shutdown solenoid and cut off the fuel to stop the engine.
3. When the key switch in the cab is moved to the ON position (then to the START position and back to ON again when the engine is started) wire 332-BU is open circuit and remains that way all the time the engine is running. The relay remains inactive.
4. When the key switch is turned to the OFF position, the Engine/Pump Control unit creates a path to ground on wire 332-BU for approximately 10 seconds. This should be more than enough for the engine to come to a complete stop. At the end of the 10 seconds the wire 332-BU should go open circuit again.

Attachments

• Panel Gp - Circuit Breaker.pdf
    174.2 KB · Views: 0