• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Greetings from NEO

landrvrnut22

Occupation
Field Superintendent
Been here for several months but decided to introduce myself.

I am a project superintendent for a small development firm in Akron, OH. We specialize in multi-unit residence, and housing. I have been with the company about a month now. I was hired to manage the field construction of the upcoming construction projects. My current project is 25 townhouses located adjacent to the University of Akron. www.spicervillage.com for project details. At present, we have begun footers on the first building, and should be complete by Sept. 08.

Previously, I worked for a large commercial GC (www.clevelandconstruction.com) doing big box retail construction. I was involved with mostly Walmart Supercenters, and retail work. While I was a project superintendent there, I did alot of physical labor including earthmoving, material handling, and carpentry.

My background in construction, I have a bachelors degree in Construction Engineering from The University of Akron. I ran my own remodeling business through school to pay for college. In high school I worked for a home builder as a framing foremen building homes. I grew up on a farm just south of Akron, OH where I ran anything from a weed wacker to a 4wd articulating tractor.

I have run just about every kind of equipment except some odd ball specialty equipment. Most commonly I have run Komatsu, John Deere, Cat, Bobcat, New Holland, JLG, Gradall, Lull, Genie, Kubota, and a few Case.

Away from work, I was married in May of 07. Me and my wife run a horse farm. My wife works as a veterinary assistant. During the summer, my weekends are spent hauling horses to and from shows, and helping setup, and tear down at the shows. When time allows, I enjoy rimfire and pistol shooting, backpacking, rock and ice climbing, skiing, and kayaking. I am also an Eagle Scout. On top of all of that, I maintain and offroad old Land Rovers. I currently own a 1962 SIIA 88" Land Rover I imported from Scottland (Yes it is Right hand drive.) My personal vehicle is a 2001 Dodge 2500 4x4 quad cab, with 24v Cummins and NV5600 with a few goodies.

Thanks for the welcome.

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
I am a project superintendent for a small development firm in Akron, OH.

Small world. My uncle lived in Akron all his life. Last year he moved to Florida. I've been there a couple times myself, although that was about 10 years ago.

On top of all of that, I maintain and offroad old Land Rovers.

Do you have any pictures of said offroading? :D