• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Greetings and the Linde H30 EVO

Propane Forklift, is it cheaper to

• Leave Running for less than 2 minutes before resuming work

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Turn off and back on between jobs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mad Forklifter

Hi everyone, nice to finally find a decent forum for FLT's and heavy mech, even if it is in the US of A.

I've had my FLT license for well over 20 years, but only really got into and using an FLT in the last 5 years.

Its been a Linde H30 evo for a while, and there's a debate going on with mates at the moment.

The Truck is gas powered (propane) and i work nights when obviously it's colder, the truck is used 24/7 by myself and colleagues, it's a simply debate; when it's not being used for a few minutes, say less than 5 minutes it's left running, others say it should be turned off to save running costs, so even if you stop for 1 minute they say you should turn off and then restart when you get back in. Does anyone know if it actually costs more to leave a fork lift truck running for a few minutes rather than turn off and then back on?, plus I'd imagine repeatedly turning off and on increases wear and tear on the electrics and engine components etc.

The forklift does have an automatic cut off, at the 5 minute mark.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.