• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Great freight deal?!

Vetech63

I ordered a new turbocharger from my local Cummins dealer for a machine down in western Nebraska. It shipped from Texas to my local dealer and got here this morning. Customer asked if I could ship it Fed Ex next day...….so I did right there from Cummins. They charged me $12.05. Thinking there is no possible way this is right, I called the dealer back and asked them to check on the next day charges...………….still $12.05. I went to price it online at Fed Ex and its shows an estimate of $313.00. The Cummins guy said they get a big discount...………...Really?! So how many here think I'm going to get a call in a few days saying they screwed up and now I owe them another $300.00? I better sit on the invoice a few days.;)

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
How do you think the Dealers get their parts for US and not hit us with massive freight charges? They ship by truckload, discount rate, we are LTL and snatched at the wallet!

Mother Deuce

How do you think the Dealers get their parts for US and not hit us with massive freight charges? They ship by truckload, discount rate, we are LTL and snatched at the wallet!
...and don't forget that for some reason the transportation industry is populated by a large number of people who think they can operate for the same rates we were using 35 years ago. It is a freakin' mystery to me.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
LTL freighters are steady going out of business or merging around here, I see all manner of 'New' companies that do not stand the test of time while those known disasters on wheels just keep on rolling usually with ever less trained or skilled operators. You all know who they are.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
THAT IS CRAZY..
I cant ship a GASKET for THAT!!!
1 small flat gasket in a USPS flat envelope costs ME 8.00.!!
THATS WHY I redily give out part #'s to you guys.. cuz by the time the part gets TO ME & I ship it TO YOU..
the cost is out of this world.. a 5.00 gasket ends up costing 45.00!!!
That's why u see me saying> I DONT sell parts..

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
You are wise to sit on it for quite a while. I had the same vendor overnight me a water pump, they screwed up the card (because we are not big enough to warrant them giving us a charge acct), billing fell through, I reordered it and paid the second time, it came through, did the job, all was well, right?

Nope, 2 months later they were calling and demanding payment for the first item. It never shipped, I told them, look at the tracking number, never left your warehouse. After 4-6 more phone calls they finally dropped the charges.

It is like this every single time I deal with them.

To hijack this thread, does somebody know a number in corporate I could complain to?

I ordered a new turbocharger from my local Cummins dealer for a machine down in western Nebraska. It shipped from Texas to my local dealer and got here this morning. Customer asked if I could ship it Fed Ex next day...….so I did right there from Cummins. They charged me $12.05. Thinking there is no possible way this is right, I called the dealer back and asked them to check on the next day charges...………….still $12.05. I went to price it online at Fed Ex and its shows an estimate of $313.00. The Cummins guy said they get a big discount...………...Really?! So how many here think I'm going to get a call in a few days saying they screwed up and now I owe them another $300.00? I better sit on the invoice a few days.;)