• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Grease gun

Rfed32

Looking at the Lincoln 12v and the alemite 12v grease guns...price is similar wanted to see what you guys think...I have heard good and bad about the 12v also

dirtmonkey

Occupation
dozer monkey , self employed
Got the Lincoln 12 v, had it for YEARS ! Can't / won't live with out it ! I'm just now having issues with my batteries holding charge and that's the only reason I'm considering a new one. Maybe 14 or 18 volt. Saves ALOT of time :bouncegri

SeaMac

Occupation
Operator
You may also want to look at the new Milwaukee 18v and 12v grease guns. If by chance you own other Milwaukee cordless tools the same 18 or 12 volt batteries will work.

Last edited:

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
I've got several Lincoln 12v guns they are all without batteries...... I won't buy another one, am considering the Milwaukee gun myself let me know what you decide.

Pj

mitch504

I have an Alemite, 14v I think. I love it . I just recently bought new batteries for it from Batteries Plus. They were much cheaper than oem and just as good or better quality.

Rfed32

I'm not that interested in the Milwaukee and I found the alemite for $125 at a local shop.

Mitch how many years did u get out of the bats...

mudober

Occupation
heavy equiptment operator
I had a new lincoln 12V. I sold it and got the milwakee, a lot better IMO.

SeaMac

Occupation
Operator
Rfed32,

Here would be my recommendation with any cordless grease gun you choose. Make sure the batteries are Lithium Ion. Yes, they are more expensive but they will assuredly outlast any nickel-cadmium or nickel-metal-hydride battery on the market. As well they are not prone to discharging while not in use for extended periods of time and do not suffer from the "memory" effect associated with the other types. Not only am I an Operator but also an Electrician and have learned hard and costly lessons when it comes to cordless tools and their batteries. Hope all the input helps and good luck...

SeaMac

Occupation
Operator
Tinkerer,

I just checked Milwaukee's website and their 18v will do 10,000psi in low speed and 5000psi in high whilst the single speed 12v will do 8000psi max. Not a Milwaukee salesperson or pushing their products, simply believe they offer a great value for the money.

I have / and recommend an Alemite 14.4 Volt. I think it is the only cordless gun that will pump 10,000 PSI.

95zIV

Occupation
RR Contractor Super.
Just something to keep in mind, I don't know if they all do it or not, but the Interstate Battery Center in South Burlington VT, can and will rebuild your batteries for cordless tools, and they are much cheaper then buying OEM. I had 2 of the batteries for a Snap-On cordless impact done and they now work as well as the originals.

blitz138

Alemite has a lithium ion battery, Lincoln doesnt. Alemite is by far the better gun. Made in USA

Tinkerer

Tinkerer,

I just checked Milwaukee's website and their 18v will do 10,000psi in low speed and 5000psi in high whilst the single speed 12v will do 8000psi max. Not a Milwaukee salesperson or pushing their products, simply believe they offer a great value for the money.
That is why I said I think it is the only cordless gun that will pump 10000 PSI. It wasn't available last year when I purchased my Alemite. I see it was just released to the market on 1/29/2013.

Rfed32

Thanks for the help I think I'm going to go with the alemite 12v don't need anything bigger due to the fact we don't grease everyday and I found one brand new with a case that holds extra tubes for $125.00 on eBay. I'll let you know how I make out...made in the USA sold me!!!

shadrack

I researched all the brands,went with a milwaukee 18 volt with spare battery, also a 750 watt inverter to charge on job site. With 10,000 psi those stubborn zeros that you could not get to take grease with a hand gun, now all take the grease, don't want the boss to know but greasing the equipment now is kinda fun.

DonnaGutier

You may also want to look at the new Milwaukee 18v and 12v grease guns. If by chance you own other Milwaukee cordless tools the same 18 or 12 volt batteries will work.

What are the specification of these tools which makes it differ from Lincoln 12v and the alemite 12v grease??