• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Gray market Komatsu OEM parts info access

oldhousehugger

I have purchased parts over the counter from my local Komatsu dealer and they have been very helpful. That exercise is not always convenient and I have tried over the past few years to find sources of parts on the internet.
If I had bought the machine new here in the US apparently it would not have been a problem, but I got a D20PL-6 very used from an importer based in East Texas.
I have tried several times to find parts on line thru my local Komatsu Dealer. Apparently the serial numbers of machines sold in the US have a different format or number sequence than those sold elsewhere. I ran into this issue with JCB as well a few years ago when looking at a machine bought new in Canada. Up till now I have not been successful, but after contacting Randy Short at Kirby Smith Machinery in Dallas, he sent me this email response. Hopefully this will allow me to access their parts database and be able to order OEM parts directly thru the dealer when I need them.
I supplied them with my machine serial number and current meter hours. Hopefully Komatsu Corporate will see the wisdom of allowing us to get parts access through them as well as “American Market” machines.

Randy's email to me:

“We have filed a “gray market machine” report with Komatsu to allow us to register your machine with E-Parts. Once Komatsu inputs your dozer in to the database, we will register it and you will have access to the parts manual. I show you have and E-Parts account currently. The E-Parts account is registered under the company name XXXXXXXX…is that correct? If so, I will register the dozer under this account once Komatsu gives me the ok.”
Regards,
Randy Short
Dallas Parts Manager
KIRBY-SMITH MACHINERY, INC.
8505 South Central Expressway
Dallas, TX 75241”