• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Gravity vs. Power Tilt

Go2ndAmend

Hello all - I was wondering if anyone has any experience or opinions regarding a Gravity vs. a Power Hydraulic Tilt on a 16,000GVWR deckover style trailer. Which do you prefer and why? I have only run the gravity tilt and have no experience with the power hydraulic tilt. I see advantages to the power tilt, but don't really like the idea of yet another battery to maintain. Thanks.

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
Hello all - I was wondering if anyone has any experience or opinions regarding a Gravity vs. a Power Hydraulic Tilt on a 16,000GVWR deckover style trailer. Which do you prefer and why? I have only run the gravity tilt and have no experience with the power hydraulic tilt. I see advantages to the power tilt, but don't really like the idea of yet another battery to maintain. Thanks.

I've run a couple gravity tilt decks--never a problem except sometimes when there's no iron around to put the deck down and your body weight isn't enough, you have to have plan B ready.I'd be more concerned with something hydraulically going south and then the deck can't possibly even be collapsed easily.

ricdel

Occupation
retired
I agree with tuney443,
Have owned both because I didn't have or want to spend the money for the power tilt but getting older and working by myself a lot the power tilt is really nice.

Dualie

the only time i ever wish i had a power tilt is if im trying to load something on the nose then the machine.