• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Gravel Resheet

Pony

You're not wrong Queenslander, I just sold some weaners straight off the cows, top pen of steers averaged 327kg and $1676. Phenomenal money.

RC, didn't you say your crate was TWE? I don't know what they do to make the floor rust, I know of several like yours. My other truck come with a Big Rigs made curtainsider which I cut down to a flatbed and then made the stock crate. That was 10 years ago and it gets abused, I took a load of fat cows to the works on 14th April, didn't clean it out, took the crate off yesterday to get a load of hay. Dried sh!t 2 inches thick in places and that is how it is usually treated. Not a spot of rust and it's only standard 5mm checkerplate. So I really don't know why TWE's rust.
Maybe someone smarter might have some idea? Nige???

Queenslander, only done 800km so just initial feelings re AMT. Highway and towns are fine, shifts when it should. I have 2 blocks 12km apart on relatively slow dirt roads (30-80 kph). Left in auto it gets confused, will shift down 2 gears going into a corner and then shifts up one halfway through the corner and then back down again with a bit of a hill coming out of the corner. But I just started driving it in manual mode on the dirt and then it's exactly the same as a manual box except I don't have to worry about clutching.
So all in all, first impressions are good.