• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Grader plowing snow

ovrszd

Occupation
Retired Army
Do you have anymore pictures of this wing? Never quite seen a set-up like that!

Our wing was originally designed to be used on an older, rigid framed machine. The brace bolted to a bracket on the tandem drive between the tires. Intended use was the moldboard and the wing parallel. I built a bracket the bolts to the moldboard using two cutter edge bolts. The brace telescopes but once I got it figured out I never change it. You can also move the bracket on the moldboard to change the angle of the wing. It's not designed to do extreme winging. Use it with common sense and it works fine. I've never had any problems with it and have never done any damage to the moldboard. But I think that is possible if improperly used. I hate to get weather that requires me to use it. But when that weather comes, I'm glad we have it. Been using it since 1990. My roads are always wide enough for two lane traffic. Other townships in my area will be down to one lane paths thru the bad areas by the end of a hard Winter.

DSC00374.jpg

DSC00386.jpg

DSC00387.jpg

DSC00393.jpg

DSC00394.jpg

ovrszd

Occupation
Retired Army
I've been blessed to get six new machines to run. Few years ago we got a new JD D model and shortly afterward the township next to me got a new 140M. I dug thru my pics and found a couple that compare cab size of the current Cat and Deere graders. I've got a gazillion more but these two best compare cab size.

DSC02224.jpg

DSC02225.jpg

DSC02216.jpg

Cat 140M AWD

Occupation
Motor grader operator
The new Deere Machines do have a nice cab on them and the cab on the M series is still bigger then the old Deere machines and theres plenty of room inside the M series cab for your luch pail and waterjug I put my lunch pail on the right side under the joystick plenty of room there and my waterjug I put on the left side by the handrail there both good machines only thing I really hate about the Deere machine and its really a small thing is that the rear work lights on the back of the machine only come on while in reverse they really need a switch to either have them on or off I work a fair amount in the dark and you cant see crap behind you in the deere machine.

ovrszd

Occupation
Retired Army
The last two machines we've had have the deluxe light package. 18 lights total. I have the two at the back corners of the cab pointing rearward. I can see well enough thru my mirrors to see the roadbed behind me at night. The reverse lights just add to that when turning around.

8 (1024x768).jpg

Graderfan1981

Nice pictures from your grader, thanks for sharing :)
And i like the new forum layout, it seems it is now easier here with upload photos.

ovrszd

Occupation
Retired Army
Thanks. Actually took me a few seconds to figure out the picture thing. But I'm slow. :)