• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Gradall forklift rear steering not responding

tnc

Hi,Great site.I am borrowing a Gradall rear steer forklift.And got into some mud and the steering is turned all the way to the left.Its like
it turned too much,now i can't get it to turn back the other way.It acts like its trying.I shoveled out all the mud around the tires to help.
But nothing.I don't know much about these machines.Any help??

fast_st

Occupation
IT systems admin
The issues I've seen with those is low fluid level, you get into one spot, suck some air and done. Check your main hydraulic tank and see what's in there esp if its making noise.

lantraxco

Is that a four wheel steer unit, or only rear steer? Reason I ask, the four wheel steer units usually have a selector valve to decide what steering configuration to use, sometimes they will get in between settings.

Knepptune

I remember having some gradalls that if the wheels got turned to far they'd stick. Seems like it was worse if you turned it all the way and then tried to back up. I think you had to get it rolling forward and rock the steering and it always came out of it. I Think I'd run the boom all the way out to get as much weight off the rear that I could and try rocking it back and forth.