• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

good site to buy use attachments?

lccmo

Are there any good sites for buying used skid steer attachments? Other then Ebay?

BIGBEN2004

The only thing I can think of is to check all the local Dealers in your area's website's. You might be able to find some good used attachments.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Are there any good sites for buying used skid steer attachments? Other then Ebay?

IronPlanet.com runs attachments. Some auctions more than others. A lot of times they are brand new and usually about half price of new depending on the attachment ( of course you usually have to get it trucked so that adds to the cost). I recently bought a set of VTS tracks that were new/still in shrink wrap for $5200.00 Retail is around 13-15K. I have also bought tires and other smaller items. The freight is the only issue I have. It can cost more to ship than the cost of the item.

stuvecorp

KSSS, that is a sweet find. What machine are you going to put them on?

On a side note, have been hearing stuff about the new series 3, I think it maybe a winner if people give it a shot.

Thanks for the IronPlanet site, never knew about it.

vasman

Hey ksss would it be ok if I emailed you?
I have a few questions for you.
Thankyou
Paul

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums vasman! :drinkup

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
KSSS, that is a sweet find. What machine are you going to put them on?

On a side note, have been hearing stuff about the new series 3, I think it maybe a winner if people give it a shot.

Thanks for the IronPlanet site, never knew about it.

I am going to put them on a 440. I have priced a 440 series 3. I am waiting for ConExpo to actually see it. I really like the CASE skid steers (I have had 16 of them) but the cabs really need to be updated. I am told they should be pretty sweet. We will see.

I have bought tires, a 25ton tag trailer, a skid steer trailer, the VTS tracks, and sold several attachments on the site. I have had good luck. I heard from another guy on another forum who had a bad experience on skid steer purchase. He was not impressed with the garrantee they talk about. I have not had any issues with the site.

hackalot

attachments

similar to Iron Planet, if you can attend a ritchie Bros auction, they almost always have a good assortment of attachments, mostly new that go for attractive prices.

I've used Ushipto transport some large itemsthings pretty reasonably when I've bought online through Ritchie.

The ritchie auction in Kansas city on 9/3/09 already has 100 skid steer attachments listed, brush cutters, augers, buckets, forks, etc.

Last edited:

murphy777

Occupation
mason/landscaper
Check out skidsteersolutions.com, they have tons of stuff and a great set up on their website to view and research all the products. I also am a big fan of craigslist for used equip...

MoCat

A good site for equipment auctions in midwest is:

http://www.purplewave.com/

GovDeals.com is not to be overlooked either, though the selection there is sparse.

I like craigslist. It's easy to search craigslist using google. Just type the name of the item you are looking for followed by the limiter "site:craigslist.org." So if you wanted to search for say 4n1 buckets but only in Kansas you would type into google "4n1 bucket KS site:craigslist.org." Leave the state abreviation out and you'll search all of craigslist.