• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

gmc medium duty

mikef87

Occupation
owner/operator/mechanic/laborer/truck driver
Anyone hear anything on GM coming out with a new medium duty line? I'm getting real aggravated with these Ford 6.4s and in love with the duramax.

bonanno23

Occupation
union drainage foreman, also own a full time lands
according to my ford dealer, gm will no longer be producing a 4500-5500 series truck. I have no other resources saying there is truth to this. I ordered a 2011 superduty and was told this after a signed the papers. So it wasn't him trying to sell me a new truck lol anyone else here this?

bonanno23

Occupation
union drainage foreman, also own a full time lands
I guess he was speaking the truth. I'm kinda of a ford guy ( like them all ) but thing these trucks were pretty cool. One of the guys that launches at our local ramp has one painted to match his boat. very sharp

LonestarCobra

Thats too bad. I was not aware that the called the 4500-5500 trucks Top Kick and Kodiak. I had a 1996 Top Kick service truck, but it was the 33,000 gvw chassis. I wonder if they are quitting them also?:soapbox

granitefan713

Occupation
Design Technician
All GM medium-duty trucks have been dropped, including the C-Series (4500-8500) and T-Series (6500-8500). I also believe the W-Series will only be offered with the Isuzu name plate.

mikesheldon

Definitely not the last 3 as they use more fuel and fuel is extremely high and doesn't seem to be going down anytime soon! They would lessen profits as well. We have 3 GMC trucks medium duty 24' box trucks. They have all been well worth it for us. I would say the GMC W4500. I believe the maintenance would be less on this as well compared to the others you have listed. Hope it helps!