• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Getting into the excavation business but have a few questions for you all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blu Ox

Good day to you all.
I am a medium sized grain farmer in MN and also own and operate a residential and light commercial construction business.
I have recently decided to venture into the dirt work business with efforts to expand our current businesses and also use these machines on our acreages and building sites farm related.
I had done run all types of Deere equipment, CAT, Kobelco, etc. year earlier in most of my young life and truly love the dirt work.
I have two employees with significant operator skills and credentials as do myself.
I am asking for advice from all of you regarding a couple things.
First, the machines we are looking at purchasing are a 2008-2010 Deere 160D Excavator, Deere 700H dozer, and Deere 333E track skid loader. I have had a handful of people suggest purchasing the track skid loader and rent the dozer as needed as the skid loader is so fast, versatile, and overall a more profitable investment. I struggle with this concept as my experience in a skid loader is all wheel with little track experience.
Secondly, in your opinion which of those three machines will make you the most money??? I am leaning towards the excavator (160D) but I am excited to hear others opinions and insights.
What type of work will these machines be doing you may ask??? Lot/site prep, demolition, basements, possible septic assistance, some road building.
Thank you for your time and comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.