• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie Z80/60 Drive Problems

FJ44

No Rep

Since the good rep Genie had went to work for Cat Rental they hired another guy that only lasted a few months but that is ok because he never knew anything anyway.
4950 is old. Are you loosing control with all joysticks at once or one at a time?
If all at once it is most likely the foot switch time out. It comes factory set a 2 minutes how ever it can be adjusted to 0 seconds, 10 seconds, 2 minutes or 10 minutes. If the operators try to block the foot switch that is when this really shows up. It also shows up when the the weather changes, the enviroment is such that the footswitch gets stuck due to contamination.

Due to the way the circuit is wire I have even had similar issues due to poor wiring or even a bad key switch do you have access to the webGPI software?

10,000 light towers seriously, that would be almost 4 years worth of the full product capabilities of thier factory. What light tower issues did you have? What was the model number? On GEnie towers or Amida/Terex towers?

BGG

All the joysticks go out at once. The toggle switches will still work. I was checking connections in the platform box, and noticed a slightly burnt connector on the J3 plug at the top righthand corner of the board. Connector has 4 wires in it. Also looked up a replacement board. Seems the board in the unit is no longer available. Have to up grade, if I want to replace it. I Guess? Not sure which software you,re talking about.

BGG

I replaced the board. It's working now. Still p,ss me off . Can I update an older board. No help from genie. Just buy it for a $1000." Solve alll your problems". Seen some burnt connections on the 4 prong plug, J -4? Cleaned them up,New board, all is good. FOR NOW?