• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie z45/25 function issues

Egettys

Good morning folks, I’m having some issues with my genie 45/25j serial number z4525-19830

It runs good, drives good, all ground functions work flawlessly. All platform functions work except the jib down, basket tilt down, basket rotate counter clockwise, and turret counterclockwise. The “up” functions and clockwise functions of these do work. When you rotate turret counterclockwise you an hear the engine bog down a little. When you push the down jib switch you can hear the beeping alarm letting the ground know you are coming down.

As I said the ground controls for all these functions work fine. And sometimes these platform functions will work, it sounds like a short or loose wire but I haven’t found one yet.

Thanks for any input,

Eric

Zewnten

Sounds like a valve isn’t shifting. Genie has good manuals on their website for checking pressures that’s where I would start.

Egettys

I downloaded the manual and will give that a try.

Do you have a theory for why the ground controls work fine and it’s only the platform controls that are the issue. Wouldn’t it be the same valves or is it different?

Zewnten

Ground controls have full power on/off for emergencies. Platform use pwm and has a lot of safety interlocks in between.