• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie Z30/20N wont drive

BobsSilverSix

I have a genie z30/20n electric serial #1112. Like the title says it wont drive, all other functions operate as they should. When you are in the platform with the foot pedal pressed, hold the joystick either forward or reverse it acts like it wants to move. Now the weird thing is if you operate one of the boom functions while holding the joystick to drive the lift will start to drive, let go of the function while still holding the joystick forward and the lift stops driving. I have been through all the flow charts in the service manual. One chart told me I needed to replace the drive controller, so I did and the problem went away for about a day then returned to doing the same thing. Im trying to adjust the drive controller per the manual but Im not getting the readings it telling me I should have. I may have gotten a bum controller but I don't thing so. Anyone ever experience something like this? Sounds like I may have a diode crapping out but Ive checked them all and they all passed. Maybe Ive missed one? Im not sure. Thanks for reading -Bob

FREZEW1

Did you ever sort out your problem? I have similar issue with drive not working and was hoping you found a solution.