• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

GENIE TMZ 34/19 problem

RSO

Just picked up a 2002 genie 34/19 in NH. We replace new batteries. Nothing works but the horn. Turn on the key , goes thru self test, outrigger lights light then blink then goes out.
The only thing that stays on is the battery charge lights all green except bottom one is red. and the error code lights on the side ----. outrigger lights are off. Everything is retracted and in storage position

If we open the control box, the boards are blue, there are 2 green indicators on the rear cpu and one green one on, and one off, on the touch board. These do not show thru the touch pad and there are no hole for the green led to show through, i think the board and touch pads have been replace from what the owner told us.

Press any button and nothing works or lights up. If you press down arrow you do get a 0003 error on the fault. , press another arrow such as up and error goes away to-----. we have 25.23 volts at the anderson plug.

We are thinking of replacing both control units with was stated in previous thread "new" style controls,,,,costly.And the question is are the new boxes plug & play
we are hoping for a simplier less costly alt.

voodoo are you out there?

electric man

Having same problem with my lift, have change all the boards and touch pads works for a little bit than does it again. has been to certified Genie repair twice with same results... I'll let you know if I get it going what it was.....