• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

genie lift not holding charge

brice

I have a genie 2632 lift that is not holding charge. It has a new charger, batteries have good cells. I ran it for 10 minutes and it droped to 50% charge.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Welcome to HEF brice. :drinkup

If you think about it, it the charger is new (and working proper), and the batteries are good, given those things, you realize it's really not possible for the batteries to drop to 50% in just 10 minutes. How did you test the battery cells, with a hydrometer? Maybe the charger isn't working proper, even though it's new, always a possibility. Does the machine actually show the effects of depleted charge? On those type of machines, when the battery voltage drops to a certain point, say around 18 volts, the motor controller will prevent drive operations, might still lift and steer, but won't drive.

didden6

IT could be oxidation so you try to lift or drive and check the voltage if it drops a lot it is a bad connection it is easy to try and effective but measure it directly on the electric engine I had this problem withe a 2662 genie lift

slackerkev

Hello I’m having I believe the same issue. I’m working on a gs 2632 and the red light battery indicator drop down after moving it a short distance ( about 10ft). I have checked for voltage drop. It drops but goes back to 24v and the red lights just drop. I have checked the battery’s with a hydrometer and there good. The unit does not show the effects of voltage drop like willie said like not driving. I’ve checked wires and cables for corrosion and there fine. No breaks in wire that I have seen or found. I have unit plugged in by the gcon too and the bars drop.

Delmer

The only other possibility is the drive motor/transmission/brakes are dragging, but more likely the batteries are weak. How old are they? have they been working fine and suddenly it won't go like it used to? The resting battery voltage should be 25.5V. charging voltage up to 28 or so. If you have two decent batteries you can borrow, starting batteries will work fine for a minute testing, then it's easy enough to swap two 12V in and see how it performs. Don't drain the batteries down over several minutes, but if you can't go ten feet with the current ones, then you should have an answer quickly.

slackerkev

There about a month old and they are 25.5v. I’ll look and see if I have two good battery to check