• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Genie GS3268 lower problem

ernstZA

Occupation
Operations and Technical Director at Schoeman Cran
Hi I please need help

I have a 2007 GS3268 scissor lift, my problem is : When we go up to work all is fine but when we want to came down it only make the descending alarm sound but does not came down, sometimes it will came down halfway and then stop.. Only if we use the emergency/bottom control panel to came down then it will come down. But once or twice it also happens that it does not want to came down from the bottom control panel.:Banghead:beatsme

Anyone with some assistance will be appreciated. I don't know if it is maybe a setting on the PC poard that is not done correct or what!!??

Regards

simonsrplant

Occupation
Heavy Duty Off Road RSE
The weight sensors give that problem... If it is over reach or over weight they do very little, (a pain I the as$) I've had very little dealings but I'd start by bypassing the limiter stops. If it starts to work as normal, you've found a faulty sensor.

ernstZA

Occupation
It is a diesel unit. 4x4 rt. With the optional outriggers.
Re. Your pics , do you recommend that I look at the electric solenoids that operate these valves?

Last edited:

ernstZA

Occupation
GS3268 s/n:GS6807-48760 yr:2007
Ok, I am moving hopefully into the correct direction.
We tested the solenoid coils and found that the bottom cylinder 12vdc coils have a 9ohm resistance but the top cylinder coils has a 25ohm resistance and are also different in voltage -20vdc. We bought this machine used therefore we didn't know that these coils where replaced with the wrong coils, they look identical.
Now I am trying to source two new coils and will then test the system again.

ernstZA

Occupation
Problem solved

Sorted, it was the top cylinder solenoid coils which was the problem. Thank you VoodooMojo for the hint.